Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

A couple of Case 4 5/8" SS 61100 Single Blade Saddlehorn knives. The Limited Edition from 1996 - the bottom one from 2011.

edZh2KH.jpg

full

This little gent is superb. Fit and finish is perfect. I wish all case knives came with such quality from the factory.
Still getting used to the sway back design... the blade always seems backwards when I naturally hold the handle but it works exceptionally well.

full

This little gent is superb. Fit and finish is perfect. I wish all case knives came with such quality from the factory.
Still getting used to the sway back design... the blade always seems backwards when I naturally hold the handle but it works exceptionally well.
Lol, I handed my daughter my swayback to cut a piece of rope and started trying to use the top of the blade.

Well, this is weird. I've said for so long that I don't really care for trappers. They're a bit larger and bulkier than I like. For larger knives I prefer something such as a tribal lock which, being a single blade, is slimer. Today I stopped by the local knife shop. He's open again with appropriate precautions. I really just stopped by to say "Hello," but I saw this Case yellow CV trapper from 2016 and thought, "Why not?". Yes, I like it. There's some minor scuffing on the bolsters and the Delrin giving the impression it's been carried, but I could almost believe it has the factory edge, even including the typical factory burr. A few strokes on a mini steel and it is, literally, shaving sharp. Good ol' CV. I put it in my Moore Maker sheath and am carrying it now.

50095832622_e4c79c5721_b.jpg

Well, this is weird. I've said for so long that I don't really care for trappers. They're a bit larger and bulkier than I like. For larger knives I prefer something such as a tribal lock which, being a single blade, is slimer. Today I stopped by the local knife shop. He's open again with appropriate precautions. I really just stopped by to say "Hello," but I saw this Case yellow CV trapper from 2016 and thought, "Why not?". Yes, I like it. There's some minor scuffing on the bolsters and the Delrin giving the impression it's been carried, but I could almost believe it has the factory edge, even including the typical factory burr. A few strokes on a mini steel and it is, literally, shaving sharp. Good ol' CV. I put it in my Moore Maker sheath and am carrying it now.

50095832622_e4c79c5721_b.jpg
Beautiful knife. One of my favorites. :thumbsup:

Back