lever gun

think im gonna have to get a lever gun. im leaning towards an 1873 anybody have any suggestions?

What for? I am a pretty big fan of lever guns. I love the Marlins for a tough big bore. The lever revolution soft points really add range to lever guns.

I don't really have a what for so to speak I just want one so I have a rifle to go with my 1873 uberti. just because.

I have decided to get this one to serve as a deer gun :D

Winchester-Model-94-Trails-End-Takedown-d2ef5200dda0efedc0daddbdb42e0c50a-thumb-0-0_zps8d3172e3.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Winchester-Model-94-Trails-End-Takedown-10ce255f53f3b509acffba2fcf4d0f91a-thumb-0-0_zpsf85cb9db.png
[/URL][/IMG]
1886to1894comparison_zps3da3c1ac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's the Winchester's Model 94 Trails End Takedown, i tried shooting one in 450 Marlin two weeks ago and i had a blast, but i think i will go with the 30.30, i don't want to blow the deers to pieces.

that's a great lookin rifle I may have to consider that. I think im gonna go for .45 LC

Good on ya Beef!!! Levers have been one of my favorite type for all of my years. If your hunting I agree with what was said about the Pre-Remington, Marlin 336, or the Pre-Japan Winchester 1894. I prefer the top eject over the angle eject but that one of those prefs. BUT BUT BUT, if your looking a lever to just shoot and enjoy along with the .45 type revolvers than a.45 in a Uberti or Cimarron. Got a couple friends that are into SASS shooting and love them.

Oh yea, what MULDER said:thumbup:Dude if you want a Bang stick get the .500
.500 S&W
http://www.bighornarmory.com/

im lookin for something traditional I think. and I know I want it in .45

I have a newer marlin 1894c in .357/.38 special, to match my revolver, I put some peep sights and a big loop lever on it. So far about 300 rounds through it, not a single problem

cf2ed952.jpg

Only pic I have uploaded at the moment.

And the revolver. Been thinking about a single action though
1d3f5ff5.jpg

I have a newer marlin 1894c in .357/.38 special, to match my revolver, I put some peep sights and a big loop lever on it. So far about 300 rounds through it, not a single problem

cf2ed952.jpg

Only pic I have uploaded at the moment.

And the revolver. Been thinking about a single action though
1d3f5ff5.jpg

nice!

Any time I think of lever action rifles, I think of that old western show "The Rifleman" with Chuck Connors. Mainly the intro scene of him popping off rounds. Am I the only one?

I have Winchesters, Marlins, and Henrys. The best shooting and handling rifles are my pre-Japan Winchester 94 in 45LC and my pre-64 Winchester 94 in 30-30. The smoothest actions are by far the Henrys. But you can't beat the power and pleasure of shooting a marlin gbl in 45-70. If you want a lever gun in 45LC, I would definitely go with the Winchester 94. Ubertis and Cimarrons are nice shooting rifles after they have had an expensive visit to a good gunsmith.

My Marlin Guide Gun 45 70 is one of my favorite rifles. It'll take down anything in North America. But that being said, I'm still a big fan of the 30 30 lever action. Had a Marlin 30 30 at one time and it was just plain fun to shoot. Great deer rifle ta boot.

I have a Marlin .444 :D

You get the cowboy feel in a modern cannon caliber. Its almost $2 a shot, but follow up shots are not really necessary.

Winchester Big Bore 94 in 375 Winchester. Easy shooting gun with good deer slayin power.

Back