1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lionsteel ROK with TRE options?

Discussion in 'LionSteel knives' started by dsd5150, Aug 2, 2019.

1. dsd5150

dsd5150 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Just saw this video and have not seen or read anything about what seems to be new ROK options. The video shows a green anodized frame with a TRE style removable thumb disk. The model shown also has a stonewashed blade. At 2:26 in the video there is even a red model with thumb studs. Anybody else see any of these options available? I wish I spoke Russian.

2. dsd5150

dsd5150 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Just saw another video (in Russian) and it seems to be a Lamnia special edition. Very interesting.

3. Joe58

Joe58 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Nov 11, 2002
    I wonder if they’ve changed the thumb button. That’s an issue I have with my TRE is, for me, the thumb button just isn’t large enough for me to get enough leverage for a smooth open. And I’m not really a flipper guy.

I’ve kind of looked around for a replacement that’d work without any luck.

But back on topic, that is really an interesting piece. I do like Lionsteel. I think they bring a good bang for your buck. Well made, great materials.