Locking Traditional Style Pocket Knives

Critter

Platinum Member
I was talking with a new acquaintance who expressed an interest in a traditional style pocket knife with locking blade(s). Off top of my head, all I could think of was the Kershaw Double Cross and Double Duty. Anyone aware of any similar traditional designs with locking blade(s) that I can suggest to him?

TIA,

Many of the buck lock-back offereings such as the 110 and 112. Altough these have 1 blade not 2 or 3.

ABS Master smith P.J. Tomes makes a model that has a locking main blade and a slipjoint pen blade. It won Most Innovative Folder at Blade Show 2001, Joe Pardue owns the knife P.J. won with.

Here's mine.
34846428.jpg

Locks have been around for centuries, in European style there are the Spanish navajas, the French Opinels and many lockback folding hunters from various countries.

In American styles there are plenty also, lots of lockbacks from diferent manufacturers including the famous Buck 110 and its clones, Schrade made some nice lockbacks and the old style brass linerlocks which I assume can still be found. Also you may check Queen and A.G.Russell for some high end traditionals with locking blades.

Luis

In addition to Buck, Camillus, Case, Boker, and Bear Cutlery have a variety of traditional-looking lockbacks and mid-locks.

Best Wishes,
Bob

Case has a couple of very popular locking patterns - the copperlock and the russlock. They aren't particularly traditional, but they look like it.

lambertiana

Gold Member
Queen has a version of their one-bladed copperhead that has an old-style liner lock, I think they are calling it a small folding hunter.

Critter

Platinum Member
Thanks to all who replied. I'll shoot off a list of more options to him today. FWIW, by "traditional" I was meaning old style multi-blade slipjoint folders like those from Case, Queen etc. I apologize if I confused anyone.

ras

The Schrade Old Timer 194OT (Gunstock Trapper?) is a single blade with a liner lock. They're not easy to find though.