Lone Wolf T2, opinions/expierience?

Anybody used one of these? I pawed at one in a shop and It looks like a damn good knife. My only reservation was the thickness (lack of) in the locking liner and the fact that engagement didn't look very centered. On the plus side I liked the handle shape and wieght and loved the flat grind.

If it locked up wth the liner lock inside the left edge of the blade (as you look at it), that is probably OK as it leaves room for wear.

With some serious google searching I found it with a very nice cocbolo handle for under $120. I'd go that route.

I am currently serving in Iraq and I have a Lone Wolf T2 in desert camo handle. So far, it is the best knife that I have here. And I have quite a few knives. Let's just say that if I had this knife at the beginning of my deployment, I probably would not have bought the other ones. It's a little more expensive than the other ones I have, but it has been worth it. I have used it to cut plastic bottles, boxes, 550 cord, plastic straps, etc. So far, I have not had any problems with it. The locking liner has held up. The edge retention has been outstanding.
I would currently recommend it.

scdub

Basic Member
I've handled a couple of these knives and, while I didn't do any cutting, I wasn't that impressed. First and foremost, I found that the blades had a considerable amount of side-to-side play. I've come to realize that - at least for me - this is unacceptable in any knife costing over $100. Why? Well, because you can find knives with superior design and presumably manufacture (I say this due to the fact that the blades aren't wobbling around in there) for even less than $100.

Some examples:
Masters of Defense Trident (stout, reliable, a bit over $100 for "factory 2nd")
Microtech Mini Socom (~$130, flat grind, framelock, light, FAST)
Camillus Heat (~$60, heafty, great lock, semi-auto)

These are three knives that I've found for not too much money that seem far superior to the vast majority of production knives out there. It really is sad to me that literally 90-95% or more of the production folders have blade play. Is the horse dead yet?

Anyway, I'd keep shopping if I were you.

SCDUB

Thanks for the replies and the info gentleman. I might try one of these out in a few months.

Desert Dan- stay safe over there bro! I sympathize highly!