Looking for a <3” blade folder priced under $240... recommendations needed!

I have a buddy who lives in an area where 3” or longer isn’t legal. Personally I never go for knives that size so I don’t really know what all is out there.

Knife can lock and that’s actually preferred. Leaning more to the tactical side also not slip joints and classically styled knives.

Anyone have a recommendation? Also pics are welcomed!

Spyderco's Para3 and Native5 are great budget friendly options. If he really wants to spend some coin a Hinderer 3.0 XM-18 is a really solid option, especially if he really wants some tactical styling (my 3.0 skinny linerlock slicer it really good, full disclosure I have small hand so the smallish lock access isn't an issue for me).

If 3" (exactly) is not an option, the Native, Para3 & XM18 3.0 are not options.

Look at the Benchmade Mini Griptillian or Spyderco Delica as the budget options at around $80-100.

Going up in price a bit:
Al Mar SERE 2000
Spyderco Techno 2
WE Vapor
Fox TUR
The Lionsteel TRE (mentioned above) with G10 scales
And if you get suuuuuper lucky, a small Sabenza 21 or Inkosi on the exchange.

Thanks guys, solid recommendations. The blade need some to be under 3” btw, not 3”.

I hate to recommend the boring Spyderco Delica 4 FFG but it really is a great knife . Grab the ZDP 189 steel. It's possible you might find a discontinued S30V version too somewhere.

Emerson Mini cqc 7

GiantMouse ACE Biblio

The is also the Giantmouse Ace Iona, and if you keep an eye out you can grab a Lionsteel TRE in K390 (one of my personal favorite).

The ZT 0022.

ke-zt0022.jpg

You can pick one up at A.G. Russell's site.

The lil native would be a great choice, somewhat tactical with the compression lock. I wear XL gloves and I get a full 4 finger grip when using the choil.

Back