Looking for info on my grandfather's throwing knife (Knife-Crafters?)

I have what appears to be a Knife-Crafter's Model 1 with handle scales on it. There is very little info out there about these knives, but all the pics I've seen have no scales. Anybody know anything about them? I have pics, but not sure how to post them.

Thank you for replying gentlemen, I do appreciate it. I did do some research and found approximately what you did--there just isn't a lot of info on these things, which isn't surprising due to the short life of the company.

It seems I have a bit of a mystery here! I believe the knife I have is a "Phantom" model, but in all the photos and descriptions I've seen, the knife is simply a blade and slotted handle, all one piece. The version I have has 2 red phenolic or plastic scales with 4 brass pins on the handle section. There is no mention of this model anywhere, and with the location of two of the pins as it is, the tang would need to be drilled out for them. I thought perhaps my grandfather had done it, but there are some worn Knife-Crafters symbols on the scales, leading me to believe this is a factory job. Again, I wish I could post pics to show you.

As to the Model 1, that's the way the brochure that came with the knife described it. It came as a single knife with a leather sheath, polished or unpolished. The Model 2 was the set of three slimmer throwing knives, either polished or unpolished. The brochure is neat, shows the knives, gives a lesson on throwing, and has an ad for a fishing pole on the back.

Thank you for your time!

J

Back