Lost my Inkosi over a stupid mistake

Last couple of months have been a learning lesson on when, and specifically where you can carry you knife. And since I always carry a knife, it's often I forget I have in my back pocket until it's needed.

I've had to do this when we took our kids to Disneyland, had to run back to the hotel and even hid it in a bush, eventually retrieving it on our way back.

Well, yesterday, my wife and I went to the U2 Joshua Tree tour concert, and just as we were close to the entrance, I'm checking my back pocket for our tickets, and low and behold, my Inkosi was sitting snuggly in there where it's been all day. Lines were long, wifey would have been pretty annoyed at me for not learning my lesson from Disneyland, car was parked pretty far away. So I hid it in a bush outside of stadium grounds. After a great concert and several drinks, walking back where I put it, it was no where to be found. I spent a good 10 minutes, but was it also past midnight, pretty dark, wife's feet were hurting from wearing heels and she was cold. So you know how that works.

I'm going back there this weekend and looking for it again. I put it in a place where I doubt anyone could have taken it so I hope it's still there.

Hopefully it's a lesson learn the hard way for me. I have to conscious of what I'm carrying, since I'm just so use carrying a pocket knife now.

Some notes about stashing things outside ofnthese events. You aren't the only person hiding something. That means don't pick the first or most obvious bush.

Someone hiding their contraband can stumble across your knife while hiding their stuff. There are also people who make a point of looking in these places for stuff when the show is on.

Noooooooooooooo hope you can find it!

Last edited:
Hate to hear that, hope it shows up for you.
I hope you told your wife to let her know how much you really do love her. :thumbsup:
And before she gets any word out :eek:, explain once again how natural it is for a knife knut to always have a blade on your person in order to feel complete and not naked :D....... Yeah, that should work.....

Ouch!
I hope you find it..that would be pretty painful!

Hate to hear that, hope it shows up for you.
I hope you told your wife to let her know how much you really do love her. :thumbsup:
And before she gets any word out :eek:, explain once again how natural it is for a knife knut to always have a blade on your person in order to feel complete and not naked :D....... Yeah, that should work.....

She knows how wacky I am/get with my knife obsession. What she doesn't know is how much they cost lol....I just told her it was one of my more expensive ones that I got and that the resell value was high so I could always sell with min. loss. She said okay, seems to work for now, it's a beautiful thing hahaa

Very sorry for you bud! I hope "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" doesn't become your theme song.

Nice one bro lol

That's horrible! I hope you find it! Please report back if you do!

Will do! Was really missing the little guy today.

It's there a metal detector at disneyland or these concerts or security with the wands?

It's there a metal detector at disneyland or these concerts or security with the wands?

At Disneyland, there's a security check point where they check your bags, belongings, person and then through metal detectors (randomly selected).

At Levi's Stadium(where the Niners play), it was straight through metal detectors after clearing and emptying your pockets into trays. There were PD with semi-autos on watch towers(6 total) behind the check point/metal detectors. Seem kinda crazy. Wonder what the Niner games are like security wise

Downtown Disney + Manbug. Disneyland also performs a bag check at the egress of the parking structures. Dodgers Stadium also follows the typical bag check, metal objects into trays and a walk through metal detectors. Unlike Disneyland, the Manbug always makes it through (fifteen games in 2016). I'll report back on Angels Stadium in a couple of weeks. Maybe Honda Center if I can score playoff tickets for a reasonable price...

I found it!!!!

Followed Lapedog's advice of not picking the first or most obvious bush! At first I couldn't find it because I had a certain bush in mind. I was for sure this bush was it, looked exactly like what I was looking for.

Turns out alcohol plays tricks on your mind. The bush where I stashed my knife was several meters/several bushes away, but I found my right bush and my knife was snugly in there!!!

ZUuBQoDh.jpg

Awesome congrats! I was wondering if you were going to find it after I read the first post before.

Moral of the story:
When consuming alcohol, don't go putting your tool in the wrong bush!!!:eek:
Glad you were able to get it back........And, I hope you learned after this scare.

Back