Lost the Box for my Zero Tolerance 777

Status
Not open for further replies.
We Nomads (work) and move to a different country every 3-4 years on average.
I have a small knife collection that I love and store in a Small safe. The boxes for the knives are in a box in the cellar.
On our last move to the Netherlands, my moving company took the box of boxes away with the trash!!!!!

My question now is.. How does this affect the value of my ZT777??
I called ZT and asked if they could send me a box but fat chance of that... (kinda knew the answer I called)

So what's your feedback people?

I guess negativelly.... about 150 down from price - sorry about that ;(

All I'm reading is there's a 0777 in the Netherlands...and I've always wanted to handle one.

Also sorry about you losing the box that comes with it.

On the other hand...no longer a reason to keep it a safequeen?

All I'm reading is there's a 0777 in the Netherlands...and I've always wanted to handle one.

Happy to show my ZT777 to you. WHats your location?

I guess negativelly.... about 150 down from price - sorry about that ;(

I agree. At this point ZT 0777 is treated by many as a pure collector piece. It's going to be an immediate 20% off at least IMO.

My question now is.. How does this affect the value of my ZT777??

As a cutting tool? It doesn't affect the value in any why whatsoever.
As a collectable? I suppose it lowers it....though knives from major manufacturers dont really hold a ton of value over time anyway.

The obsession with boxes needs to end. It would be great if we could convene a “Council of Knife Collectors” and make a formal declaration that “boxes shall hereinafter add no value to a knife, and shall be discarded according to the local custom.”

My thoughts exactly. I hope he comes to one of knife meetups.

I think the other people are being too kind. I'm sorry to tell you it's lost most of its value.

I will however be a stand up guy and buy it from you for $100 to help cut you losses!

Really, I figure it's still worth like $600 or more. There is one without a box that has been bought and resold here multiple times. Awesome that you have that knife!

The obsession with boxes needs to end. It would be great if we could convene a “Council of Knife Collectors” and make a formal declaration that “boxes shall hereinafter add no value to a knife, and shall be discarded according to the local custom.”

Hahahah, I Love your attitude, never could understand why everyone is so caught up in the BOX.

You would also need to cunsult with the other "Councels" as well for their approval to make this work.
Such as the......
"Counsel of Watch Collectors"
"Counsel of Toy Collectors"
"Counsel of Flashlight Collectors"
"Counsel of Video Game Collectors"
"Counsel of Any Stupid Thing That Comes in a Box and Might be Collectible Collectors"

Ahh cool.. I was in Uterect Saturday..

I'm in the Hague right beside the Hilton. If you are in Town send me a message I would be happy to show you my 777... ;-)
I don't come there often sadly. If you want contact me and I'll hook you up with the Dutch Knife Scene a little. We have a couple of shows a year and there's a bunch of meetups in the country.

Members aren't allowed to ask for price evaluations without at least a gold membership. Be glad you gotten the answers that you've received so far;)

~Chip[/QUOTE
I don't come there often sadly. If you want contact me and I'll hook you up with the Dutch Knife Scene a little. We have a couple of shows a year and there's a bunch of meetups in the country.

Great Thanks for the invite. PM me for the next get together.
Dave

You would also need to cunsult with the other "Councels" as well for their approval to make this work.
Such as the......
"Counsel of Watch Collectors"
"Counsel of Toy Collectors"
"Counsel of Flashlight Collectors"
"Counsel of Video Game Collectors"
"Counsel of Any Stupid Thing That Comes in a Box and Might be Collectible Collectors"

As a voting member of all of these councils, I throw those boxes away too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back