Love my new XL Espada!

I got the new G10 Aus10 XL Espada. My Rajah II was my old EDC knife. Now, I alternate between the two. The XL Espada disappears in my left front Wrangler pocket. It is so easy to carry. I have my Kimber 6S in my right front pocket and various Cold Steel back up knives (alternate between AD10, 4Max, and Code4) in my right rear pocket. I don't carry extra ammo for my .357 revolver. So, the Cold Steel Megafolder acts as my back up. I think this is a solid CCW system. I train 6 days a week in BJJ and Karate.

The world is in the process of going insane. You don't have to live in a so-called "dangerous place" to be the victim of the next mass shooting. It can happen anywhere.

None of this is a guaranty. But, at least I know I won't be a victim because I was unprepared. Plus, knives and guns are fun.

I have the Large Espada, it fits in a front pocket, but how can the XL fit in a pocket?
Most of my front pockets are around 7" deep.

Except for the Espada line , all the other Cold Steel 5.5" + are "XL" size . The 5.5 inch Espada is "L" size . So it is a tad bit confusing ! o_O

I got the new G10 Aus10 XL Espada. My Rajah II was my old EDC knife. Now, I alternate between the two. The XL Espada disappears in my left front Wrangler pocket. It is so easy to carry. I have my Kimber 6S in my right front pocket and various Cold Steel back up knives (alternate between AD10, 4Max, and Code4) in my right rear pocket. I don't carry extra ammo for my .357 revolver. So, the Cold Steel Megafolder acts as my back up. I think this is a solid CCW system. I train 6 days a week in BJJ and Karate.

The world is in the process of going insane. You don't have to live in a so-called "dangerous place" to be the victim of the next mass shooting. It can happen anywhere.

None of this is a guaranty. But, at least I know I won't be a victim because I was unprepared. Plus, knives and guns are fun.

Get back to me when you’re a pro at waving it from any pocket with a loud intimidating “CRACK” noise.

Honestly good for you for training and taking self defense seriously.

Most of self defense is not appearing as a vulnerable (or very high value) target and being able to enter into other guy’s territory without getting into a conflict with them. Just stay out of bars and stairwells in bad areas and you’re mostly covered. You still may be a random statistic but you may get hit by a car too.

Last edited:
Also honestly you’re carrying alot of weapons. First thing criminals do when they jump you is dig your pockets and with that many weapons one of them might get used against you.

(I know backup knives are not weapons to us but once they are pulled out of your back pocket by an attacker they can become weapons very quick)

I have the Large Espada, it fits in a front pocket, but how can the XL fit in a pocket?

It is really easy to carry the XL Espada. I am 165 and 5'9" tall with regular Wrangler jeans.

I am absolutely serious and not a troll. Think of the dozens of mass shootings. What if one or two people were as armed and trained as I am. It would be a whole different story. Consider the multiple tales of Islamic terrorists stabbing people in public places. If you found yourself in that scenario, your XL Espada would be your new best friend.

Some people mock the XL knives as being ridiculous. But, that is just ignorance. If you buy into the concept that I knife can be a defensive tool, then it is logical that a bigger knife is better than a smaller one. I took the Cold Steel 2 day knife fighting course. Bigger is way better. Reach is everything. No one that ever had to defend themselves with a knife ever wished it was smaller when it was all over.

Knives have a reputation of being less than ideal self defense weapons. Many people have reported they were stabbed in a fight and didn't know it until the fight was over. This exact thing happened to a guy I train BJJ with. The knife was 3-4” in length. I seriously doubt this would be the case if he were stabbed with a Rajah II or XL Espada. If stopping power is a thing. These two knives have it.

Last edited:
It is really easy to carry the XL Espada. I am 165 and 5'9" tall with regular Wrangler jeans.

I am absolutely serious and not a troll. Think of the dozens of mass shootings. What if one or two people were as armed and trained as I am. It would be a whole different story. Consider the multiple tales of Islamic terrorists stabbing people in public places. If you found yourself in that scenario, your XL Espada would be your new best friend.

Some people mock the XL knives as being ridiculous. But, that is just ignorance. If you buy into the concept that I knife can be a defensive tool, then it is logical that a bigger knife is better than a smaller one. I took the Cold Steel 2 day knife fighting course. Bigger is way better. Reach is everything. No one that ever had to defend themselves with a knife ever wished it was smaller when it was all over.

Knives have a reputation of being less than ideal self defense weapons. Many people have reported they were stabbed in a fight and didn't know it until the fight was over. This exact thing happened to a guy I train BJJ with. The knife was 3-4” in length. I seriously doubt this would be the case if he were stabbed with a Rajah II or XL Espada. If stopping power is a thing. These two knives have it.

Range is your friend. Larger knives have more reach, big Bowies have more range and power.

My Aluminum Bolster XL Espada fits great in my front right upper pocket cargo pants.

You know I used to think the xl was too large for edc but this thread has opened my eyes. Xl every day from now on. No regrets. XL. FOR. LIFE.

Back