• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Luxury Tough Puukko - custom made Damascus/Ironwood (SOLD)

BogdanS

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello dear brothers,

Thanks Good God today i managed to finish a special knife - i dare to call it special due to the fact that we have a special type of blade that i have never presented before upload_2021-4-7_21-30-24.gif;)

It is a big boy puukko style knife with very generous dimensions both in blade and handle.

Lets' discuss a little bit about the blade - this steel is made by a very talented Ucrainean blacksmith and friend of mine and even if some standards are applies being forged by hand in small batches makes this steel look different every time (you will see in the other blades that hopefully i will have ready soon ;)upload_2021-4-7_21-30-24.gif).

There are three steels used in it + nickel (the steels are russian or bulgarian and are all chosen to fit excellent into the knife making purpose): SH15,U12A,9XC. It has a hardness of 59-60 HRC. The grind on this blade is a very complex one - we have a high hollow ground main grind followed by a convex high second bevel and a super sharp micro bevel. On the back we have a fake edge for an aggressive look. It is a tough blade that looks luxurious and very impressive.

The handle is made using a gorgeous piece of A grade Arizona desert ironwood as it's main body, a stylish and subtle piece of nickel silver to match the blade and an exclusive piece of stabilized Carpathian stag antler for the bolster. Everything was buffed to a very nice gloss.

The blade is huge for a puukko measuring app 5.5" and overall the knife is app 10.2 ". The balance point is exactly in the bolster making this knife sit very well in your hand. The profile is wide and nicely rounded.

This beauty comes for an excellent price of only 345 usd.

All and only the best, God bless,
Bogdan

1.JPG

That is indeed a mighty fine knife. One serious & beautiful worker blade Bogdan.

Really exceptional!! :thumbsup:

Knowing your blades and attention to details - I'd say this is a super value too!

You are for sure all to kind, thanks a lot my dear brothers! ;)

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

SOMEONE - buy this gorgeous knife! :thumbsup: A luxury puukko or a an exceptional Leuku - no matter. Bogdan's knives are meant to be used. Why not carry and use a beautiful knife?? Much lesser knives (and less capable) have sold for more.

Why don't I buy it - you might ask. I have another Bogdan on the way and can only break in one at a time. Just trying to share the treasures, so I post encouragement. :D

Back