Magnum or Standard handle I.D.

Have a Badger ATAK I bought some time ago and am finally getting around to getting a sheath.Problem is I don't remember if I got the magnum handles or not :confused:.Any specs I can use to I.D. them so I don't get the wrong sheath?

got a pic ?

mygirls015.jpg

Only one I have currently.Good enough or need a diffrent shot?

Almost all of the handles on the BATAC's are standard. There are a few "magnum" handles out there, but even those are not the traditional Busse magnum scales with the palm swell, they are just a slightly thicker version.

If you can post a top-down pic we can tell for sure.

Odds are they are standard.

Maybe this might help since you didn't specify what type of sheath you are looking for.
If it's a small spec ops style or leather sheath it won't matter but for kydex it will and if you send the knife to the maker then you know you will get the perfect custom fit for your blade. ;)

018.jpg

Swells out to 3/4 of an inch in front,middle,and rear,thinner areas are approximately 1/16ths thinner.

Sorru about the giant pic,stupid beta version Photobucket :mad:.Was looking at getting a Mashed Cat kydex.

Almost all of the handles on the BATAC's are standard. There are a few "magnum" handles out there, but even those are not the traditional Busse magnum scales with the palm swell, they are just a slightly thicker version.

If you can post a top-down pic we can tell for sure.

Odds are they are standard.
When I was making the sheaths for the company store they were 50/50 on the handles.

Those in the pic look like mags, but I am not sure. Let me get mine out and do some measuring because like Vox says, they're very close.

Here are a couple of TAC handle pics for comparison. The black G10 is Magnum, the black Micarta is standard. Your slabs look more like magnums to me.

3TACs.jpg

MAGSstd.jpg

Swells out to 3/4 of an inch in front,middle,and rear,thinner areas are approximately 1/16ths thinner.

I would call those "mags". My BATAC mags are 3/4" across and my standard BATAC is 1/2" across. :thumbup:

That is a Scout length M1a custom built by Warbird with all the goodies.TRW op rod,bolt,chrome lined barrel,Smith Ent. goodies.A U.S.G.I. fiberglass stock that I chopped and modified pretty extensively.Quite alot of mods done to it.Since that pic I removed the steel buttplate and replaced it with a limbsaver as well as replacing the Smith vortex flash suppresor with a Surefire brake.Huge improvement!!!Rapid fire strings with virtually no muzzle rise.It has non hooded N.M. sights because the plan was to mount an Aimpoint on an ultimak for fast and close and use the irons for longer shots but I find shooting over the sights up close is very fast and plenty accurate.I may just go with one of the newer low magnification "patrol optics" with a illuminated center and variable magnification.

Sorru about the giant pic,stupid beta version Photobucket :mad:.Was looking at getting a Mashed Cat kydex.

Those are Mags, but if you want a perfect fit with Kydex you will need too ship the knife too them. You may get lucky, but why take the chance.

Back