Many Thanks To Discount Knives & BladeForums.com

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Today a spanking new Benchmade Model 44 Balisong (tanto/plain edge) made its way into my possession courtesy of Brian Skelton of Discount Knives and BladeForums.com

Let this be a lesson to you lurkers out there that all you need to do is register and post so you can have an opportunity to win as well.

I love the knife as it is the first of its kind I have ever owned. It is addictive and demands to be played with. Hopefully, at some not too distant date, I will be able to manipulate it with style. Right now, I'll settle for manipulating it safely.
wink.gif

Thanks guys, you made my day.

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

[This message has been edited by Blues (edited 11 January 1999).]

We're glad to hear that you like your knife, Blues, and hope that enjoy it's use!

Let us know if you can ever learn to open it without impaling yourself...
biggrin.gif

I've been messing around with various Balisongs around the office here lately, and I'm thinking I'll have to get one for myself now....

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Yeah Blues they're great. Recommend you get
the Micheal Jannich video from Paladin
Press to learn the openings. (That's how I learned, fascinating video to watch.) By the way, I practised without taping the blade, helps you concentrate.

Regards,
Ron

Oh yeah congratulations!

Wanted to mention something. These are
Batonga style bali's meaning the latch is
attached to the unsafe handle. As you probably know, the closing movements are the same as the opening movements. When you close it you must swing the handle with the latch
correctly or the latch may stay folded under the handle which may damage the blade edge.

Regards,
Ron

Hi Blues !
Let's be sure to post in the final hours of the month (because we never post anytime else
wink.gif
) as people with names starting with "B" seem to have a run on luck.
Bill

------------------
Talk is cheap. Free speech is not.

Ron,

Thanks for the advice.

Bill,

Shhhh, the fix is in!
wink.gif

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Blues,

Glad you like your new toy. I have been playing with butterflies for years and if you get a chance learn the ice pick maneuver. It is the fastest way to open the knife. Not as pretty but it makes people say "whoooaaa how did you do that?".

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Back