1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massdrop - Laconico Keen Spear-Point Folding Knife - Anyone seen this?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by aleforme, May 17, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

1. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Just signed up for this. Looks to be a great knife. Several design options including lefty models. Designed by Ray and produced by WE Knife.

I apologize if this has already been posted. I just got the email on it.

Anyone else jumping on this one? This and the Terzuola are the only ones that have really made me hit the "join" button.

Link Removed - Easy enough to find.

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM
    Mr.SATism likes this.
  2. marcinek

marcinek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Are they a supporting knife dealer member?

3. aleforme

Feb 21, 2013
  4. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Like the look. Simple design with good blade steel. Dislike the Massdrop labeling on the blade... I think I prefer their wharnie Zinker colab that is coming soon.

5. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 17, 2014
    Looks great. They’re claiming it’s ground 0.01” behind the edge. Looks like it’d be a crazy good Slicer.

Popsickle and valknut like this.
  6. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    I like the blade grind/geometry.. Reminds me of the Trevor Burger customs. But I don't think in going to go with all the hype. Out of the MD branded knafs this is probably the only one I'd want to try. But I think I'll save and just buy another Burger. But also I'd rather spend 120-150 on a spyderco than any of these MD branded knives. That's just me.

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 5:53 PM
  7. aleforme

Feb 21, 2013
    I saw that. Once of the reasons I jumped on it. I also like that the blade has a little belly to it.

8. JerryIsAlive

JerryIsAlive

Jun 13, 2012
    Always wanted a Laconico design but afraid this is simply too much add for me. 3” and id be game

9. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    If the pics are accurate, they don't really have lefties. The clip is just moved to the other side.

10. aleforme

Feb 21, 2013
    That appears to be correct based on the discussion at MassDrop

11. tgtodd

tgtodd

Dec 19, 2015
    Yep. Made in China. I'm out.

lj973gm likes this.
  12. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    Another plug for them? Like 3 different blades being advertisedmented lately....

And..........does it have the md logo on it? .....I had to.....

13. W. Anderson

W. Anderson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 22, 2016
    I really want to get my hands on some of these designs, as my folding knife experience has been very limited and would love to see what all the commotion over WE is about. The MD logo keeps putting me off, however. Can't quite explain it.

14. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 17, 2014
    The Crux was kinda tempting. This one is really tempting. And it's even offered in purple.

15. hkyew

hkyew

Apr 3, 2007
    You sure are out. Missing out.

16. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    I'd like to make a point: at $140 it's pricey enough that you have MANY alternatives from the established knife websites... and the bonus of immediate shipping vs the typical 8+ week nonsense from massdrop

Mo2 likes this.
  17. MSchott

MSchott Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    There are always choices in this hobby. This knife is attractive, a good size for many and is designed by a recognized name. Not a bad price for the steel either.

unwisefool likes this.
  18. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    But they are all different knives. It's not like we don't have people start multiple threads about different (or sometimes the same) models of spyderco, benchmade, ZT/Kershaw etc. So not really seeing what the problem is?

hkyew likes this.
  19. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    I dont think it is 8 weeks, pretty sure are saying 28th october. They have been late before also, quite late.
    The purple looks great but not having them have my cash 5 months for a slight discount on a We knife.

Russ

Mr.SATism likes this.