1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Maxpedition Bags / Organization

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by ljcsov, Jun 17, 2013.

1. ljcsov

ljcsov

Mar 2, 2012
    Hello all,

I know there are plenty of you out there that are fans of maxpedition products and own numerous products within their line that enable you to organize your gear. For quite awhile, I have just been placing my EDC items, which are not extensive, loosely in my pockets. However, placing my EDC items in my pockets proves to be uncomfortable at times, and with certain pants or shorts, they simply do not fit very well. To alleviate this annoyance, I am looking to try out a maxpedition product that serves the purpose of organizing your EDC items into a more manageable package. The good news is, my fiance even OK'd the use of a man bag if necessary!

Right now, my EDC items are limited and include my pocket knife, my Android cell phone, my wallet, my keys, a light, and some sort of multi-tool. I do not foresee myself carrying a litany of items in addition to those mentioned, even if I have the capacity to do so. I think I have narrowed the maxpedition product line down to a few items. Let me know what you think.

1 - Micro Pocket Organizer - It looks as though I can fit this in my pocket without any problem, and it will coral objects that would normally float around in my pockets, while making the overall package much more comfortable to keep in the pocket.

2 - Fatboy Versipack S-Type - I am a lefty, and these things look pretty cool. However, they appear in pictures as if they are pretty large and are comparable in size to a messenger bag. I already have a messenger bag and wouldn't want to haul around something that cumbersome.

3- Fatboy GTG S-Type - This is another fatboy, but it looks to be smaller in size?

4 - FR-1 Pouch - I have seen a few videos where people wear these things to keep their stuff in.

2. Paul Dragosljvich

Paul Dragosljvich

Jun 2, 2013
    I don't know a whole lot about the four organizers you have listed, other than the micro pocket organizer.
    The micro pocket organizer is terrific...However, I'd suggest something bigger. The Maxpedition EDC Pocket Organizer is perfect.
    You say you don't think you'll start adding additional objects into it. But trust me, you will. You'll start adding a torx tool for your knife, extra batteries for your flashlight, chapstick, etc. just because you have the space.
    I had the micro first, but then I found myself wanting more space to make my organizer more efficient; the EDC Organizer was the solution.
    Better safe than sorry (wasting $20) :D

-Paul D