1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Medford, ZT, Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw, Cold Steel -- 11 knives priced to move

Discussion in 'For Sale: Folding Knives (Individual)' started by Dadpool, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Several for sale today. :) All photos taken in natural light, knives in the order listed below (L>R, top>bottom).

[​IMG]

Medford 187DP - SOLD (was $250) - Gray PVD coated D2 blade. Never disassembled, warranty intact. I'm the second owner. The only signs of use are small spots of dirt where the blade stops contact the G10; otherwise, this could pass for brand new. Carried, but only cut once or twice. I have everything it came with: cardboard box (somewhat stained, how I received it), dog tag, business card, original purchase receipt. These retail for $425; I got a good deal here on the Exchange and am passing that along here.

Zero Tolerance 0462TAN (discontinued) - SOLD (was $150) - Used and carried, slight signs of handling on the G10 and a tiny bit of wear on the clip. Silky smooth action, great lockup. Doesn't quite drop shut, but closes with a wiggle. One of the most subtle and discreet longer knives I've ever owned, and the ergonomics are outstanding. Includes box.

Zero Tolerance 0350TS - SOLD (was $110) - Carried and used regularly. Cosmetic marks on the blade coating, light marks and signs of wear on the G10. Factory edge. Blasts open with the best assisted action KAI has ever done; closes smoothly, perfect lockup. A real compact tank of a knife and a great user. Includes box.

Benchmade 940-1 - SOLD (was $175) - This is the nicest Benchmade I've ever owned, with perfect lockup and unreal drop-shut action. Slightly off center, but nowhere near rubbing; flawless apart from that. Gorgeous carbon fiber and dark stonewashed blade, and the knife could probably pass as new. Includes Parkerized (not painted) deep carry clip; I don't have the original clip or the box.

Spyderco Szabo (discontinued) - $170 - Carried, but used very lightly. This could easily pass for new. Rock solid lockup, smooth hydraulic action -- as befits the modified compression lock, which feels nothing like a PM2; this isn't a "flicking" knife. Incredibly light cosmetic marks on the coating; they don't show up in photos. The black/black combo looks awesome. Includes box.

Benchmade 908 Stryker (discontinued) - SOLD (was $90) - Lightly carried and used, with minor signs of use on the G10, two minuscule dings on the butt, and a touch of wear on the clip. Smooth action and great lockup, just a solid example all around. This is one of my favorite Benchmades, but it's .1" too long for Seattle. Not easy to find anymore, especially in this condition. Includes box.

Spyderco Manix LW S110V - SOLD (was $80) - Carried several times, but used little. Factory edge is screaming sharp, rock-solid lockup. Doesn't quite drop shut, but it's also not fully broken-in yet. This could likely pass as new. Outstanding ergos in any grip, and a real lightweight worker of a knife.

Spyderco Police - SOLD (was $80) - Wicked sharp, drops free when you disengage the back lock. The stainless steel handles scratch if you look at them funny, so they're covered in cosmetic scratches. Unbelievably thin for such a long knife. I can't detect any of the play common in Spyderco back locks; this one is solid.

Spyderco Delica 4 - SOLD (was $40) - This was my EDC for a few months, carried daily but used lightly; barely looks used, apart from wear on the clip. Factory edge is still nice and sharp. Has the tiny bit of front-to-back blade play common in Spyderco back locks.

Cold Steel Recon 1 - SOLD (was $70) - Carried, but rarely used. Drops free when the lock is disengaged, flies open with just a little wrist. Rock solid lockup, of course. Razor sharp. Minor marks on the coating, and I lightly "buffed" the handles on an old pair of jeans so they wouldn't destroy my pants. If you're after a perfectly broken-in working knife, this is a great option. Includes box.

Kershaw Composite BlackWash Leek - SOLD (was $65) - Carried once or twice, cut with a couple times. I removed and threw away the useless plastic safety and installed the included titanium clip, both to the knife's betterment. Minor wear on the clip, tiny bit of side-to-side blade play; this is a light knife and I've never tried to adjust it out. Bought new; street price is $83 and clip was $23. The composite blade is nifty. Includes box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PayPal only, "Goods and Services" only, US only. I'm covering USPS shipping and PayPal fees. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

The first "I'll take it" in this thread followed by a PM or post on my profile (for non-paying members) gets dibs. (Questions, "I might be interested if," and the like aren't the same as claiming a knife.) If I haven't seen your PM/profile post within an hour, I'll assume you changed your mind and the knife will be available to others.

Buyer affirms they're legally permitted to own what they buy. I reserve the right to do business with whoever I choose.

Trade interests:
    • Zero Tolerance 0022
    • Chaves Redencion Street
    • Zero Tolerance 0301 (plain edge)
    • Medfords other than the TFF-1, 187 series, or G10 Praetorians
    • Hinderer XM-18 3.5 gen6 (ideally a DLT no-choil slicer)
    Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  2. Zippo2

Zippo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2018
    I'll take the BM 908

3. GuestWho101

GuestWho101 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2013
    I'll take the Zero Tolerance 0350TS.
    Payment sent.
    Thanks again!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  4. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    These two are both SPF. :)

5. Harry Sedatestis

Harry Sedatestis

Apr 8, 2015
    I'll take the Delica. Thanks.

6. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    Delica now SPF. :)

7. VernonRemington

VernonRemington Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I’ll take the Recon 1. PM sent

8. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    Recon 1 is SPF. :)

9. Acepitbull1

Acepitbull1

May 14, 2014
    I’ll take the Medford. Send me PayPal info please.

10. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    Please provide me with your email address, either here or on my profile.

Edited to add: It's been over an hour with no follow-up profile post, so the Medford is currently still available.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  11. aram

aram Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I'll take the 0462TAN if it is still available. Please check your PMs.

12. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    SPF to you. :)

13. 7east

7east Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 20, 2017
    I’ll take seconds on the Medford! Please PM me your PayPal.

14. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    The Medford is SPF to you, and I've replied to your PM. :)

7east likes this.
  15. Acepitbull1

Acepitbull1

May 14, 2014
    Wow. People have lives outside of forums. I would have sent payment tonight.

16. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    Sorry, this is how I run my sale listings. I've been ghosted on sales before, and this system keeps things moving.

10POWER, Bigfattyt and Kukr! like this.
  17. GotSteel

GotSteel Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I'll take the Leek please

18. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    Leek is SPF to you, please follow up with a PM.

19. Dadpool

May 18, 2015
    I've lowered the prices on the remaining knives, and noted a few trade interests below. :)

Benchmade 940-1 - $175 - This is the nicest Benchmade I've ever owned, with perfect lockup and unreal drop-shut action. Slightly off center, but nowhere near rubbing; flawless apart from that. Gorgeous carbon fiber and dark stonewashed blade, and the knife could probably pass as new. Includes Parkerized (not painted) deep carry clip; I don't have the original clip or the box.

Spyderco Szabo (discontinued) - $170 - Carried, but used very lightly. This could easily pass for new. Rock solid lockup, smooth hydraulic action -- as befits the modified compression lock, which feels nothing like a PM2; this isn't a "flicking" knife. Incredibly light cosmetic marks on the coating; they don't show up in photos. The black/black combo looks awesome. Includes box.

Spyderco Manix LW S110V - $80 - Carried several times, but used little. Factory edge is screaming sharp, rock-solid lockup. Doesn't quite drop shut, but it's also not fully broken-in yet. This could likely pass as new. Outstanding ergos in any grip, and a real lightweight worker of a knife.

Spyderco Police - $80 - Wicked sharp, drops free when you disengage the back lock. The stainless steel handles scratch if you look at them funny, so they're covered in cosmetic scratches. Unbelievably thin for such a long knife. I can't detect any of the play common in Spyderco back locks; this one is solid.

Trade interests:
    • Zero Tolerance 0022
    • Kizer Feist (second generation with non-decorative pivot screw)
    • Zero Tolerance 0301 (plain edge)
    • Medfords other than the TFF-1, 187 series, or G10 Praetorians
    • Hinderer XM-18 3.5 gen6 (ideally a DLT no-choil slicer)
    Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  20. BDuff

BDuff Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2019
    PM'd on manix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.