Medium BF Breaking cards (rant)

I have been having problems with my medium bi-fold breaking cards. My first one was breaking the top card along the stripe. I contacted them and the customer service was top notch. They sent me a new one within the week. Well I am on the second one and after about 2-3 months it is bending all cards and has broken the bottom in the nice little wavy patern on bottom slot. I should mention too that I stand at work 10 hrs a day with a 30min round trip drive. I thought about putting a piece of cardboard behind card to maybe support it or something. Any tricks? I am sure some have carried these with sucess just want to make some aware. Contacted them about refund, well no answer. Go figure. I must say that the wallet is beautiful, and built to last 100 years. To bad the cards wont make 2 months. (100 years should cost me $2000 to own, $5 replacement* 2 a month) My rear cant stand any more break-in period. I will retun it to them on my dime when my old faithful Bosca is here. My last Bosca lasted 15 years thats good enough in my book.

I don't have a SB wallet but I have had this problem with other wallets too.

I've been noticing that my cards have been bending along the bottom half inch in my medium bi-fold. None have broken yet but I carry mine in a front cargo pocket so there is very little pressure on it. I wonder if a large wallet would fix this problem?

I think the problem is with the extra layer of pig skin. There is no backing for the card. Otherwise I love the wallet.

@protourist- I have the large bifold, it does not bend cards at all. Best quality/looking wallet I have owned to date. I have had it for almost 2 months.

@protourist- I have the large bifold, it does not bend cards at all. Best quality/looking wallet I have owned to date. I have had it for almost 2 months.

Thank you for that. I will look into getting one soon. I love their products.

I have the large, keep it it doesn't have pigskin all over it for a reason, once you start using it, it will mold to your body but wont break the cards, it's just comfortable.

Have you considered that you might be putting too much stuff in there? Or possible putting something in there that changes the geometry of the cards, causing them to break?

My new medium (after replacing the older the broke cards) is fine, and so is my small bifold. You may want to try the small bifold - cards are stacked on top of each other, so there is less chance of bending. They will respond -- I always had nothing but good CS from them, sometimes it is slow though.

Had the same issue, went with their small bifold. Problem solved.

Also learned to carry less...I had a lot of useless crap in the medium that I was carrying simply because I could!

Back