Mens belts ever in stock?

I called them and asked about this. Customer Service said they're supposedly "redesigning them, to get more into compliance with industry standards." (Whatever that means.)

appreciate the info, I'll stop checking the site so frequently in that case. Shame too cause I actually need a belt pretty quick.

I called them and asked about this. Customer Service said they're supposedly "redesigning them, to get more into compliance with industry standards." (Whatever that means.)

Hmm. I thought the reason the Old Bull belts were out of stock was because that particular leather was hard to come by. Never heard anything about a redesign. interesting.
According to recent Facebook posts they are "close" to having new belts in stock.

This didn't warrant a new thread, but this is as good a place to post as I can find. I just hit the year mark with my train belt which makes my large bifold a year & a couple months so I figured it was time to oil 'em. I used mink oil & realized I shoulda done it shortly after I got 'em. I know Saddleback suggests waiting a year, but the mink oil really softens up the belt to just comfortable, if that makes sense. As far as the wallet goes, I should've oiled it as soon as I got it. My wallet's pretty thick with cards & such & the mink oil really made it "sit on" tender.

Unfortunately, I was waiting for the Dark Coffee brown and it is the only Old Bull Belt that is not back in stock. The Black is back in stock and there is now a Chestnut option.

Hopefully DCB comes in soon.

Last edited:
oh sorry I did not check the other colors, just looked at black. Didn't mean to get your hopes up like that.

I just got my new production Tow Belt and, I gotta say, it is quite a bit nicer than the first production run.

Just put my order in for a Tow belt. This will be my first saddleback product and I am looking forward to getting a couple more if I like this belt.

Got the belt just before I had to leave town otherwise it would have been weeks before I got back to get it. Quick impressions, very solid feeling, I got the 1.75" version. Still has that new squeaky sound from the leather but that should fade as it wears. Probably will order one in a different color in case they go out of stock again.

I've been looking at these belts and wondering how they'll hold up to wear&tear. I've had my classic medium briefcase since 2007 and its held up quite well over the years (its sitting right here with me in my hotel room) so I imagine the belts would last just as well. Guess the only way to know for sure is to buy one and test it for myself. :)

Got mine yesterday and this is one stout belt! The fit and finish is excellent, second to none. I got the 1.5" Tow Belt in Dark Coffee Brown, will provide an update after a few more weeks in service. I can see a few more belts from Saddleback in different colors in the near future.

Back