1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Merchandising to the max - History Channel: Forged in Fire

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Brhowser87, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    I was walking through my local store tonight I had to stop and do a double take.......I mean come on History your better then that. :oops::D

IMG_20190312_175740.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  2. Stumpy72

Stumpy72 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 5, 2018
    “AS SEEN ON TV” and in a blister pack. Warning sign #1 and warning sign #2.

AsianBeerCan, Yo Mama, Pomsbz and 4 others like this.
  3. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    Merchandising is one thing, but there is another meaning to the word "forged."

David Nowlin and Yo Mama like this.
  4. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    You had me at Surgical Steel

5. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 22, 2019
    I having been thinking lately that the whole world is just one big commercial. Years ago we got rid of cable and I dont watch the news or listen to the radio.

I am 32 and I am sick to my stomach from being marketed to. Often let down because they prey on our Insecurities and fears and passions.

Right now I'm working on a 7 peice steak knife set for my wife and I think being over marketed to has pushed me to be more self reliant and make more things and need less

6. Blues Bender

Blues Bender Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2014
    For only $49.95 I can teach you how to be even more self-reliant.

Armadew, Lesknife, mt666tm and 15 others like this.
  7. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 22, 2019
    Thank you Mr. Emerson

Yo Mama, Lance Leon, palonej and 4 others like this.
  8. 007Airman

007Airman

Dec 23, 2018
    That's sad.

katanas likes this.
  9. JustaNick

JustaNick

Feb 3, 2019
    Certificate of Authenticity?!?!?! I hope it’s numbered.

10. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    Hmm, ...
    "...Forged in Fire™ Cutlery warrants that, for up to 50 years after purchase, if used as instructed, will not have any deformities in material or construction. If at any point within 50 years after purchase, should any defects develop that are a result of faulty workmanship or materials,Forged in Fire Cutlery will replace theForged in Fire Cutlery product..."
    Guess that's one company which intends to be around for a while :)

Pomsbz and bflying like this.
  11. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    My kids would love that Pigs in a Blanket maker next to it. Going to have to check that out!

12. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    My fiance loves that section. We see something we laugh at every time we go in there. But I knew everybody on here would get a kick out of those high end "forged" knives.:rolleyes::D

Lesknife likes this.
  13. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    Wish they had a display monitor showing them do bone chips, pig and salmon slices, and the hydraulic strength test on those knives.

kbirk2003 likes this.
  14. Workingsloth777

Workingsloth777 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Gotta say I find the pigs in a blanket maker next to those "knives" far more interesting

15. Dan of Bazz Clazz

Dan of Bazz Clazz Gold Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    But it's the History channel for crying out loud. You would think that a channel devoted to broadcasting only pawn shop and picker shows would be more cognizant about maintaining their own branding of quality educational programming.

Oh right, Never mind.

16. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

Lesknife and WadeWilson like this.
  17. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    HC has been churning out 'carp' for a while now; this merch ties in well:thumbsdown:

18. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Hey! I like Giorgio A. Tsoukalos

Ancient alien theorists say yes!

19. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    History Channel used to be about historical documentaries but they’ve traded any credibility they once had for crap shows.

20. Frozen Bear Trading

Feb 22, 2019
    I'm so old I remember when they showed history shows