Miller Bros blades

I'm interested in an M-29 made by Miller Bros Blades. I see that they use a few steel's that I'm not familiar with such as Z-Wear PM, Z-Tuff PM and Z-FiNit. Are these proprietary steel like INFI from Busse Combat? I would also like any feedback etc from those of you with Miller Bros Blades in your collection.

Z-Wear (US 2000 MC) is essentially the same as CPM Cruwear. I'm not familiar with the others. I don't have enough experience with it yet to pass judgement. On paper it has a lot of potential.

I'm interested in an M-29 made by Miller Bros Blades. I see that they use a few steel's that I'm not familiar with such as Z-Wear PM, Z-Tuff PM and Z-FiNit. Are these proprietary steel like INFI from Busse Combat? I would also like any feedback etc from those of you with Miller Bros Blades in your collection.
  • Z-Wear PM
  • Z-Tuff PM
  • Z-FiNit
  • CPM 3V
  • CPM S35VN (stainless)
They are most likely just their own names for existing alloys. The minimum order needed to order a custom alloy is typically several tons of each alloy. I tend to doubt that any small custom shop would have the wherewithal to order that much steel.

Yep, I have one of their M9 daggers. But it is 5160 steel I believe, not any of the ones that you listed above.

I have had all three steels, or DO have all three steels. Z-Wear is nearly the same composition as CPM Cru-Wear, Z-Tuff is tougher than Z-Wear, but has less wear resistance, though it will have slightly better corrosion resistance too. Z-Finit(also called LC200N) is a tough nitrogen stainless steel with less wear resistance, but is quite tough! None of them are proprietary steel by MBB. All of the knives I own in these steels are not from them, their blades are a little too thick-stock for my taste. If it was a chopper I'd go with Z-Tuff, if it was smaller than 8 inch blade I'd go with Z-Wear. Unless you NEED corrosion resistance, then go for stainless, otherwise, the other two have good enough corrosion resistance. IMHO

I own a few in z-wear and it is an awesome steel similar to cpm 4V used in competition choppers.
Miller bros make serious hard yse knives

PS I have one for sale on the exchange if interested

I'd ask for a link to take a look at it, but I'm saving up to buy these knives within the year.

Back