Model Name?

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
No idea, but I found this little guy in a box yesterday. Blade is a little over 2".

P1020838.jpg

P1020834.jpg

Camillus pattern #5818; made in various forms for almost everyone that did business with us.
The Camillus version became the #2.

Yours seems to have been made using some leftover Remington (R5) handles.

I thought that #2 has only a wooden handle.
I think he looks more like a #61 Gents Lockback, although the shield without marking.

What would have normally been on the shield?
Mine is just blank. Thought about having my initials engraved there.
It's a handy little size. Were any ever made with bone handles?

What would have normally been on the shield?
Mine is just blank. Thought about having my initials engraved there.
It's a handy little size. Were any ever made with bone handles?

R5.jpg

We made them with almost every conceivable handle material.
The model for Santa Fe Stoneworks was JS60; they even did them with Dinosaur bone!

Looks like the #5812 I have...mine has the celluloid abalone handles. Make a nice little Sunday knife.

If they're pretty common, I'm going to start fleaBaying for a version with some bone handles.
I need to find a Yello-Jacket stockman too, so I can two-for-one shop.
Really handy knife. I carried mine today. :thumbup:

Camillus made this pattern for many years.
I think I designed it in 1986 or '87.

Vitaly, yes I believe the woodcraft was the first Camillus version of this knife.
However I am confident that knife was predated by the Remington R5.

Although my memory is not what it once was! :eek:

Is this one your design as well? I love this knife though I don't carry it. I am considering gettin another like it in used condition to carry occasionally. Very well made.

9u2mud.jpg

The 100th anniversary Sears knife is patterned after an old Remington design. Camillus made this pattern for Sears-Roebuck, Remington, Camillus, etc. This pattern was used for the Buford Pusser knife (both editions) and the Camillus #10 "American Wildlife" knives. We made this pattern in the mid 1970's as a Remington reproduction for a company that obtained permission from Remington Arms. I think it was called Specialty Weapons. Phil may recall the customer because I discussed this knife with him at one time and we had the "S" Card out for information. I heard that Blackie Collins was involved with this knife.

Tom Williams

Back