Mr Thompson or Mr Demko please help?!?! Italian 4 Max

Okay, my wife got me a new Italian made Cold Steel 4 Max for christmas. I've carried and played with it alot, cut alot of lighter stuff(cardboard, plastic wrapper etc.) but never used it heavy. One day I got to playing with it and noticed the liner/lockbar gap and that the frame pin through the backspacer seemed a bit loose. I figured I'd tighten it just a little and it would fix both problems.
So I got out my torx wrench and turned almost, but not quite one full turn. Felt very little resistance. Then then screw head came off the screw. I've never had a screw head come off that easy. Not even with cheap budget chinese knives. I'm confident this is just a fluke but... It happened.
So I sent a parts request to Cold Steel through the website. Got an email that it was recieved maybe 3 minutes later. And have heard nothing since. It's been almost two weeks. I included my email, shipping address and phone number.
I own alot of knives, many from Cold Steel, but this is the most expensive, and probably the coolest, knife I've ever owned. Made extra special because it was gift from my wife. All I need is a few frame pins and screws(that's what, $3 with shipping?) to make it new again.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.
Shrub.

Last edited:
I would call them. That's the only way Ive been able to get parts.

Cold Steel's email service is terrible. Issues with Cold Steel products should ALWAYS be dealt with via the phone.

They won't send you parts that require disassembly to install. Call them (not email) and explain the situation. They will have you ship it back and repair it themselves. While Cold Steel's CS is on the slow side, they have NEVER let me down

They won't send you parts that require disassembly to install. Call them (not email) and explain the situation. They will have you ship it back and repair it themselves. While Cold Steel's CS is on the slow side, they have NEVER let me down
I also would send it back and ask that they check/replace all screws. It s too nice knife for cheap screws.

Back