Multitool for my needs

I'm looking for a Multitool or swiss army knife type tool that would be good for fishing purposes. So it needs to not rust. Also I'd like it to have pliers a good knife and cutters to be able to cut fishing line. If you guys have a tool in mind please let me know

How about a Leatherman Sidekick? All stainless construction and scissors for cutting line. The pliers are pretty long too. Plus you can find them for under $25 so if you lose it, or it turns out not to be your cup of tea, the bank wouldn't be broken.

+1 on leatherman products. Awesome warrantee services and generally great tools.

Source: Leatherman wave carrier.

I'm in love with my leatherman rebar! The rebar feels like its nearly indestructible, it's a tank. I'd highly recomend it. It even has replaceable snips on the pliers.

Can't go wrong with any Leatherman product. You just need to do the research to find out which product has all the tools you'll use or need. I've recently added a 'Surge' to my EDC (I liked the interchangeable screw drivers, and Santa is bringing me a bit extender for Christmas). As mentioned above, you can get replaceable snips for this model as well.

The Wave is a good choice, though in my experience the pliers are too short for some situations. The scissors cut braided line well and both a plain edge and serrated knife are available with one hand opening.

It will not replace a dedicated pair of long nose fishing pliers, but it is handy in a pinch.

The Wave also has a built in lanyard loop, I highly suggest you use it on the boat.

Back