My comparison/rant

This year I decided I wanted to buy a knife that was different than everyone else's after a year of carrying my Sebenza every day, so I logged into ACK and did just that. When I recieved the knife the stop pin fell out and the lock could be defeated by hand so I sent it to the maker to be fixed. It came back fixed as in I couldn't defeat the lock with my hand and the stop pin was pressed in even if it's now exposed. The problem was it also came back with lock rock after hemming and hawing I finally just gave the lock bar the what for and got it to seat deeper on the tang. Today we're out building some last minute, we didn't know, all hands on deck stuff getting ready for and event. Through out the day the blade starts closing closer and closer to the show side then about 1500 I start to get blade play and by 1630 it's rubbing the scale. The knife has been fine for the last month or so doing all my normal stuff the day I need it to be right the pivot starts to loosen because I'm torquing the blade. My gut tells me that pivot hole drilled through the scales isn't exactly straight since it was fine until the blade pressure wasn't perpendicular to the bladed.

During the year I carried my Sebenza it has done all of those things as well as pry staples, dig out target machines, cut 12 gauge wire, scraped paint and tape, and sometimes did it for days at a time. I've chipped the edge but I've never had an part of the knife to include the pivot loosen or move.

I think I'm done looking for interesting and I'll go back to carrying my Sebenza

thebigmistake.jpg

This year I decided I wanted to buy a knife that was different than everyone else's after a year of carrying my Sebenza every day, so I logged into ACK and did just that. When I recieved the knife the stop pin fell out and the lock could be defeated by hand so I sent it to the maker to be fixed. It came back fixed as in I couldn't defeat the lock with my hand and the stop pin was pressed in even if it's now exposed. The problem was it also came back with lock rock after hemming and hawing I finally just gave the lock bar the what for and got it to seat deeper on the tang. Today we're out building some last minute, we didn't know, all hands on deck stuff getting ready for and event. Through out the day the blade starts closing closer and closer to the show side then about 1500 I start to get blade play and by 1630 it's rubbing the scale. The knife has been fine for the last month or so doing all my normal stuff the day I need it to be right the pivot starts to loosen because I'm torquing the blade. My gut tells me that pivot hole drilled through the scales isn't exactly straight since it was fine until the blade pressure wasn't perpendicular to the bladed.

During the year I carried my Sebenza it has done all of those things as well as pry staples, dig out target machines, cut 12 gauge wire, scraped paint and tape, and sometimes did it for days at a time. I've chipped the edge but I've never had an part of the knife to include the pivot loosen or move.

I think I'm done looking for interesting and I'll go back to carrying my Sebenza

View attachment 872629

I have seen very few custom knives that are built as well as a Sebenza.

In some ways production knives have a chance to get things perfected.

Back