My drop point inlays . . .

expidia1

Gold Member
I'm partial to the drop point inlays . . . The little guy just arrived today! Now a 7th would really make the EDC rotation choice each day easier. This way no one CRK is taking on double duty each week (he says to himself as he searches out reasons to justify his next purchase)

IMG_2025.jpeg

I removed the lanyard today on the small Seb 21 today. I'm just not a fan of lanyards announcing "Hey, I've got a knife in my pocket here". I use the MXG Gear deep carry clips on all my Sebs which hide them even more in my pocket.

But even though the small Sebs 21's have shoulders on their lanyard pins (Now the newer large Seb 21's also have shoulders on their lanyard pins too).
I was hearing rattling and first thought it was the clip, but it's the lanyard pin rattling around.

Any tips on how to get it to stop making noise (short of hitting it with super glue)?
Thx

^^^ I put my lanyard pins in the CRK box the knife came in. Works like a charm every time.
P.S: You have a far higher class CRK rotation collection than mine. I’ve only got a couple StarBenzas and one dark blue CF inlay.

I removed the lanyard today on the small Seb 21 today. I'm just not a fan of lanyards announcing "Hey, I've got a knife in my pocket here". I use the MXG Gear deep carry clips on all my Sebs which hide them even more in my pocket.

But even though the small Sebs 21's have shoulders on their lanyard pins (Now the newer large Seb 21's also have shoulders on their lanyard pins too).
I was hearing rattling and first thought it was the clip, but it's the lanyard pin rattling around.

Any tips on how to get it to stop making noise (short of hitting it with super glue)?
Thx
Try doing a quick search in this sub-forum. I seem to recall a discussion about this and some DIY fixes for it a while back. I don’t have time to dig for it now, but I think it started as a lanyard thread which led to some folks mentioning the rattling pin issue. :)

Me too. That's why I asked here as I thought I had read it. I did find a thread that discussed it and had read it last year. But the only solution search was tocut a piece of white plumbing tape and wrap the ends. Just wondering if someone came up with a better solution? In that thread a commentor even said as I was thinking "with CRK's tight tolorances how can they produce lanyard pins that rattle" when used alone to fill the hole for those of us that like the aesthetics and color balance. I like the blue anodized look of a blue pin and it matches the blue thumb stud gives it a nice balanced look. Same with the gold pics.

I don’t remember how to add a link here, but search “Lanyard pin, no lanyard”. Several ideas were suggested there. Also search “Tritium sebenza insert build”.

-Sean-

Last edited:
Lone Wolfe I think gave me a good solution. She suggests a drop of rubber cement at the shoulder. That idea sounds good to me because I can loosen the screws enough to get a drop on each side without having to take it apart. While loose, I can also hit the pivot side with a few drops of Nano oil too since its a 1 year old knife. Thx for the above responses and suggestions.

For what it’s worth, I use a tiny bit of CRKs Loctite on the flat part of the shoulders that make contact with the slabs. Keeps them in place and stops the rattling.

Not to mention it requires hardly no effort to break the adhesion when disassembling.

Thats why I asked my question as a drop of the blue locktite was my first idea but I was concerned it might make it difficult to pull apart the handles if need be.

Last edited:
Back