Photos Sharing CRK Art - My CRK Collection

Okey Dokey!

#1 is easy. Native American. Love the simplicity and clarity of design, but also the deeper meaning represented in the symbols. Reminds me of rock art of ancient people I've seen and hope to visit........

#2 The 2004 annual with the secret owl is so cool!

#3 Getting difficult now..... I love the Damascus ROF blade but the wood doesn't flick my switch. I love the simplicity of the CGG Maple. Always had a soft spot for the sky at night. The sapphire stone version is amazing.

Sorry I think I need more than 3...... ;)

Nick

I'm going to change that up then, and take off the 3 knife limit. Any number, within reason. As for the sapphire Night Sky, it's stored in another state. However, take a look in the Anticipation Thread. ;) Yep, I have another sapphire NS inbound. It's crossing a border, so I don't expect to see it until probably next week. Then I'll do your grouping as requested. :cool:

Amazing collection. Just stunning.

Thank you!

Next up, The Regulars! There's going to be a lot of overlap from the BG-42 group, and even more when I do the UG and CGG groups, but I got some nice pics this time. There's also a newcomer in the bunch! It didn't make the group pic, as that was taken last week, but it'll make it's presence known soon. ;)

TheRegulars.jpg

Last edited:
Today was a fine CRK day! :thumbup:

NS4-Gears.jpg

I'll pick back up on the pics in here in a couple days. :cool:

Last edited:
Your collection is absolutely amazing. I am also very happy to see that many of them are enjoyed in the pocket. Nice!

LW, or really anyone for that matter, do you ever swap blades? Like throw a Damascus blade in a night sky or something different?
What are the repercussions? Do they still center fine?
Are knives with original blades the came with knife more valuable as the package is concerned percentage wise? The birth certificate would show that you put a Damascus blade in your night sky for example but how would the value change?
I guess it's kinda a complicated question? Any insight would help, just hypothetical... I am not getting any synical ideas fyi

LW, or really anyone for that matter, do you ever swap blades? Like throw a Damascus blade in a night sky or something different?
Are knives with original blades the came with knife more valuable as the package is concerned percentage wise? The birth certificate would show that you put a Damascus blade in your night sky for example but how would the value change?
I guess it's kinda a complicated question? Any insight would help, just hypothetical... I am not getting any synical ideas fyi

I don't think centering would be the issue with this. The problems would be in the lockup and the action. Blade play might become a factor as well. I recently bought a Zaan that had a blade that was not original to the knife. CRK had to do a blade replacement as it was the lockup was all wrong. Yes, I wasn't happy, but CRK went above and beyond to help me out!

I think that it is the CRK Shop Tour video (it could have been part 2 of "The Exquisite Blade") that shows how each blade, each set of washers, and the pivot bushing is custom fitted to the knife. So, I would say that if you get lucky enough to have a blade that you can interchange with another CRK, you would need the washers and pivot bushing as well.

If the blade swap wasn't done by CRK with a receipt and updated birth card, this would destroy the value of the knife IMO. That is of course if the seller is honest enough to admit what was done with the knife.

One could a always have an extra blade fitted for the knife from CRK (spare, Damascus, etc..). CRK will ship the old blade back and the value would definitely and obviously increase if two blades were offered in a sale.

Selling without a birth card hurts the value of the knife significantly as well.

Last edited:
LW, I'm sorry for getting off track in your awesome thread. Back on topic, we NEED to see more of this: :D

RiverOfFire_zpsrnlivenx.jpg

Damn! You're at it again! Beautiful!

Me? At it again????? :confused: Oh, wait...... :p

Today's group pic is a mammoth one. ;)

Small Mammoth Sebs, that is! :D :D

Mammoths3.jpg

2 bark, each very different from the other, and one cream colored Ivory. The Ivory one has ladder damascus on the older pattern...

Mammoths1.jpg

All are smalls, I've had the Ivory for a while, the 2 barks are new arrivals that happen to have been born on the same day...

Mammoths5.jpg

And close-ups of the new arrivals. This one is probably more collectible with it's blues and greens....
Mammoths2.jpg

But I think I like this one better....

Mammoths4.jpg

Last edited:

I have done so in the past. Carried a Regular with a 21's blade. That didn't fit well, I returned both to their correct blades shortly afterward. It centered OK, but the 21 blade protruded out the end a tiny bit, just enough to bite me one time, and the detent was very week.

I did take the single lug blade off this one, put a double lug blade from another 21 on. Then I put the single lug blade on the donor 21, and gave it to a friend's husband.

I don't swap out any that are just for collecting, in case I want to sell/trade them later. I want to be able to truthfully represent them as being as they were when they left the mothership. My users are fair game, and I'm considering taking my newly anointed EDC and getting a Raindrop double-lug blade put on it. If that knife ever makes an appearance on the exchange, the current blade would be back on it, or the change disclosed. The birthday card is only valid on knives that are in their factory configurations, IMHO.

That's a wonderful collection you have! I aspire to have something like that someday. I PM'd you this morning about a large LH regular.

Are the "Morning Sun" knives really that hard to find? I figured you'd be able to find one by now.

Thanks for the information!

-Billy

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome collection LW! I'm digging the Mammoths, can't decide which I like better!

That's a wonderful collection you have! I aspire to have something like that someday. I PM'd you this morning about a large LH regular.

Are the "Morning Sun" knives really that hard to find? I figured you'd be able to find one by now.

Thanks for the information!

-Billy

Billy, that regular would be a great knife for your collection! Don't see the LH regs come up often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the information.

-Billy

They're out there, I'm just being super picky. The truth is, I don't love the colors. I just want one to complement my Night Sky's, and most that are made don't have the pine trees. Those ones remind me on Afghanistan, I don't want that. I do have one on order, just haven't taken the time to change my sig pic. I'd still get one if I saw one available.

ETA: I didn't get any PM's after you asked about the plain Reg that's already gone. :confused:

Last edited:
Awesome collection LW! I'm digging the Mammoths, can't decide which I like better!

Thanks! I know what you mean. Right after I posted that, I found myself wondering if maybe I do like the blue one better. Oh well, it's a good thing I don't have to choose right away. :cool:

Those are some beauties. Really like the white one. Striking pattern on that, yet that greenish one is kinda nice too.....,,

Those are some beauties. Really like the white one. Striking pattern on that, yet that greenish one is kinda nice too.....,,

And today I'm liking the blue and green one better. Tomorrow, who knows..... They even feel different in the hand.

Back