My new TOPS Steel Eagle 111 has arrived!

tknife

Gold Member
I got the version with a gently curving drop point style blade instead f the tanto point. Right off the bat, this looks like one heck of a chopper! And for a knife with an 11 in. blade, and 17 in. oal, it feels surprisingly light in the hand. The grip is super comfortable and fills my hand well. I will be interested to see how the saw teeth work too. I have heard that they will perform well for how thick they are. I will be taking it camping in a couple of weeks, and will put this baby to work! Many thanks to Sid Post for the deal.

Congratualations tknife. I also own a Steel Eagle 111. Its a great knife. When I got mine all they had out was the tanto point but I'd still get it today as I feel its long straight blade makes a better chopper and I am to uncoordinated to use any blade that big for task that a drop point would in handy for. The people who make the knives are really nice also just as Mr. Post is. I sent mine in for sharpening and it came back razor sharp within a week and it had a nice new lenght of paracord wrapped around the sheath which is superb--nothing big but still nice. Finally, I was wondering how wide your blade is since it is a different shape I don't know if they retain the same width eventhough I suspect they do.

thanks alot and take care
collin

P.S. Congratulations.

The blade is almost 1 1/2 inches wide. I have handled the tanto version also and I think everything is similar except for the tip. I was really surprised at the quality of the entire TOPS line for their low prices. They just came out with a tactical folder that looks really cool too!

I have the tanto 111 as well as a Storm Rider and an Interceptor Tanto. They all came from Sid post BTW. All the TOPS knives are a great buy for the money. The good construction seems to be standard across their product line. Take care.

try tactical-ops.com strider. also thanks for the reply tknife. mines about the same.

thanks and take care
collin

Rudy
Thanks for the sight. I am going to check out a couple of the models I saw
Bob

Back