My Spyderco History; Thumbs up for the FRN Delica PE

1st spyderco: Endura II SS PE - hated it! got rid of it fast, ended up sending it back the online store I bought it from. way too heavy, and way to tight to open without anyway to adjust it

2nd spyderco: Endura FRN PE - liked it! but I ended up ebaying this one about 2 months after buying it. it was a nice knife, but I already had 2 EDC folders that were large (benchmade 941 and crk large sebenza). and I was not crazy about the lock on the back.

3rd spyderco: Delica FRN PE - absolutely love it! this knife is the perfect size I was looking for to compliment my other 2 EDC folders. fit and finish is excellent, opens extremely smooth. I don't mind the lock back on this one at all. no wonder this is spyderco's all-time best seller. blade was shavin' sharp out the box. the Delica is super lightweight, and slim for discreet carry in light clothing here in Florida. I would say this Delica is close to perfect!

I am VERY happy to add this to my EDC rotation

thanks for reading,

iubigred007

I'm the exact opposite of you... :)

I never buy FRN spydie cause they're too light and I prefer the touch of steel, plus FRN makes them look cheap IMO... (where did I get that? lol )
Though I suggest you try the FRN Goddard and Calypso.
Have you try G10? it's good compromise between lightweight and toughness.

Senate said:
I'm the exact opposite of you... :)

I never buy FRN spydie cause they're too light and I prefer the touch of steel, plus FRN makes them look cheap IMO... (where did I get that? lol )
Though I suggest you try the FRN Goddard and Calypso.
Have you try G10? it's good compromise between lightweight and toughness.

I'm with you. I like the weight of steel and I think the FRN makes it look cheap to. I just bought my girlfriend a SS PE Delica and I was really impressed with it (she loves it :D ). I just wish they made one that was larger (with like a 4" blade) with better steel (S30V :D ) or an Enduara that met those standards... either would be wonderful.

I see your points guys... and I too like the feel and security of metal in the hand. but you have to remember, I already carry a crk sebenza and a benchmade 941 that are both metal (titanium and aluminum, respectively)

but I do not agree that it looks cheap. I think it looks just fine. I am just excited to find another knife that fits my "pickiness" just right :)

bodieism, the Endura II is a SS model that has a blade close to 4", but blade steel is just AUS6 or AUS8, I forget at the moment.

always got to go with what fits you best!

thanks,

iubigred007

Yeah if you already carrying 2 knives, I see why you wear a FRN for the third one... ;)
As I said you should try a G10 handle based knife it's a great alternative to FRN and SS.

iubigred...... I am on your side. I love my Delica. I've tried with and without clip (I never use clip) and I put it back on to give just a tad more width in the handle. And I never even THINK about it LOOKING cheap. It is one great knife.

HOWEVER....

Mine is fully serrated......and although I put that off for years, now I don't have any idea why. It sharpens easily (AFTER the first time...when getting the hang of it) and stays scary, frighteningly, self-wounding, tingly SHARP.

Don't try the serrated one unless you're prepared to buy another knife.

:)