N.I.C.A. models

Would anyone care to elaborate on the N.I.C.A. models?
I was reading some of the older post on these and someone mentioned that they were not as collectible since the foundation is no longer up and running. Does this still hold true?

Does having these marked with 1 of 200\400 make them more desirable? Or would the biggest desire be that these were "Regulars" Sebenza's?

Thanks everyone and please note that I am not asking about value, just desirability.

I have a large and a small, one from each run. I do not think that the desirability is affected by the status of NICA .Tanto Regulars are scarce, and IMHO any CRK from a limited run has some increased status as a collectible . Any regular is interesting, I wonder what will happen, now that they are a "generation" removed, now that the Sebenza 31 is out??

I would say that the regular Sebenza’s are sought after regardless of what is said. bart1 bart1 hit the nail on the head. I think they are limited on what can be done with the older Sebenza’s. There was talk about doing some replacement blades out of S35VN for the regulars. Don’t knot if that ever happened. There may not be a replacement blade for the regular in tanto. Even though the one I have is a user, it’s carried sparingly.

They made large and small regular Tanto sebenzas and also a fixed blade that was like a small green beret.

Back