Native 5 Salt problem

DavidZ

Gold Member
I just got my Native 5 Salt. Being a lefty, I immediately went to switch the clip. The fist screw came out no problem. The next 2 however just spin and spin. I suspect that the insert is spinning with the screw. Does anyone have a tip to get them out? I have contacted Spyderco, but have not yet received a reply.
Thanks in advance.
Dave

I seem to remember reading that this happened to someone else. Same deal, the inserts starting spinning inside the handle.

I don't know how you contacted Spyderco, but I definitely recommend calling over email. They'll likely be the only ones that can fix it, or replace the knife for you.

I seem to remember reading that this happened to someone else. Same deal, the inserts starting spinning inside the handle.

I don't know how you contacted Spyderco, but I definitely recommend calling over email. They'll likely be the only ones that can fix it, or replace the knife for you.
Thanks for your reply. I cantacted them through their website, and gotten a reply. I have to send it in to their warrenty / repair dept. It's boxed up and ready to go.

Thanks for your reply. I cantacted them through their website, and gotten a reply. I have to send it in to their warrenty / repair dept. It's boxed up and ready to go.
Glad to hear it. I know I've had issues receiving replies through email before, so I always call now. Hopefully they get you all fixed up!

That's a bummer. The same thing happened with my new native salt. I sent it back to vendor for replacement. It came back fixed but action was still very gritty and stiff. I was going to send it back again but I thought I could just use it and maybe it would loosen up over time. not so much.....I hope you get a good one. I'm starting to get the feel that there is something wrong with this model with all the complaints. Actually I have been hearing more and more of spyderco quality slipping as of late. Sad

That's a bummer. The same thing happened with my new native salt. I sent it back to vendor for replacement. It came back fixed but action was still very gritty and stiff. I was going to send it back again but I thought I could just use it and maybe it would loosen up over time. not so much.....I hope you get a good one. I'm starting to get the feel that there is something wrong with this model with all the complaints. Actually I have been hearing more and more of spyderco quality slipping as of late. Sad
Sorry to hear that you had the same problem. I sent mine back to Spyderco today. I hope they can get it right.

Back