Need info on my KA-BAR

New to forum. I have a knife that has KA-BAR stamped on blade by handle. the blade looks to be a fighting/combat style. The grip is what has me puzzled. It is a clear hard material stacked in segments with 4 evenly spaced black segments. Guard and cap seem to be alum. or s.s.
IMAG0238.jpg
IMAG0236.jpg
I would be greatfull for any info.

Can only see the close up I believe is the second picture. From the stamp on the ricasso it looks like a WW2 blade. Handle and guard maybe what is popularly called these days a theater modification. The nature of which is such that it is often hard or impossible to specifically say when it was done. More pictures of the whole knife and close ups of the hilt would be helpful.

I would guess that it was re handled by some one during the war. My wife's grandfather has a BBQ tool set and a steak knife set that he made while serving in the pacific on a Navy ship. And the handle styles are the same. His have aluminum pommels.

Thanks Chris for the info. After closer inspection i'm leaning towards aluminum pommel n guard. Whoever re handled it did a great job, fit n function are still rock solid! Only wish it could of had some history with it, when i bought it 10yrs ago. I'm sure whoever he was, he would be proud to know its still carried and used with pride during hunting season! Do you know if they make a sheath for it? I just use the homemade one it came with.
IMAG0254.jpg
thanks again

Back