Need opinions on A.G. Russell Gent's Lockback

I'm considering getting an A.G. Russell Gent's Lockback Model 325 in Mother of Pearl (the second one from the top).

a325.jpg

Here are the specs according to A.G.'s site:
2-3/4" closed lockback with 2-1/8" blade of ATS-34 high-carbon stainless tool steel at 59-61 Rc. Nickel silver bolsters and pins, brass liners. Each handle material weighs a little different, but all are close to 3 oz.

Does anybody have any experience with these knives? It looks like it would make a nice "Sunday" kind of knife.

------------------
Kelly

Deo Vindice

A few months ago I ordered an Amercian Muskrat. Its a slipjoint with 2 ATS34 blades and black pearl/abalone scales. Fit and finish perfect. Sharp out of the box. More like a custom. Also doesnt frighten coworkers. In A.G.s spring catalog there are a few new small folders. One with damascus blade. Dont think you would be disappointed with anything they import from their maker in Japan. Wish more dealers would carry these types of knives.

The good thing about A.G. Russell is there warranty. They stand behind everything they sell. You can't beat that!!
Blades

I too was looking at the AG Russell knives. You are correct about the 'not scarry' look of these knives. I was wondering about ats-34 rusting? Is it really not a problem? I was also admiring the damascus blade pocket knife. The top knife, black pearl, looks very nice. If anyone stops you and they find any of these knives, all they would do is admire them, hopefully.

I have the bone handled version, and I think it is very well made. The grinds, fit of the lock, and finish are all excellent for the price. The only thing I didn't like was the use of brass liners with the nickel silver bolsters. The color combo looks odd to me, but maybe they are using nickel silver thoughout on them now.

Harv

Back