New CRK knife releasing this weekend?

Got an email with a mysterious "NEW CRK RELEASE" message. See attached.

Looks like a Mnandi but it could just be an unrelated silhouette.

Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• CRK.png
    CRK.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 204
I'm thinking just a new inlay option, maybe a Blade HQ Carbon Fiber Exclusive Mnandi.

Tim had mentioned a while back though he was tinkering around with a slip joint idea.

A whole new model would be cool.

Reactions: Mo2
Would they put a silhouette of a new knife up? That seems misguided unless it's an iteration on an existing model. A carbon fiber Mnandi seems like a good guess. I haven't seen other dealers announce something, this leads me to believe it's an exclusive. A new model wouldn't be exclusive and probably wouldn't be shown in a silhouette, so it's likely an existing knife. Since the silhouette is a Mnandi, probably a carbon fiber Mnandi.

No interest in a carbon fiber mnandi so hopefully something else, but that seems like the best guess.

I also vote CF Mnandi. I just sold my only Mnandi but would be interested in a CF version ..... at least to play with for a little while. ;)

While I don't expect a totally new knife, I wouldn't be completely surprised by it. BladeHQ I believe is the official sole distributor of Emerson's new butterfly knives. However, given that Blade show was a few months ago, I'd be surprised that a new knife wasn't released at Blade.

A Mnandi with the old-style nail-nick I've heard so much about that allows you to open it easily with one hand.

A large maybe?
That german dealer has an exclusive, that was not mentioned before it approached, IIRC.

Browsing around on Blade HQ's website and looks like it is a Carbon Fiber Mnandi. Says it is available to purchase starting on Saturday. They even have a video up of it.

I have never much connected with most of the wood inlays available for the Mnandi and am too cheap to pony up for mammoth so always wondered how a CF Mnandi would be, looks like I might have to get one.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Chris-Reeve-Mnandi-Gentleman-s--75516

Chris-Reeve-Mnandi-Gentleman's-Knife-CF-Satin-MNA-1090-BHQ-75516-jr-large.jpg

Oh man... I want one. I have a box elder that has never quite grown on me. I love the knife, but the inlays aren't my favorite.

A couple of weeks ago someone posted that the new Wilson Combat star pattern Inkosi were available. So I broke open my piggy bank and bought a Wilson small Inkosi. Now I learn that the carbon fiber Mnandi is about to be available. I would be open selling a body organ on the black market to finance a carbon fiber Mnandi but all my organs are old, worn out, and not worth much. Whats a knife knut to do? :)

These look amazing! I' not a huge Mnandi (at least in carrying) fan, but I'm seriously considering one of These! Great job CRK!!

Back