1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New CRK knife releasing this weekend?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by VS_Power, Nov 1, 2017.

1. VS_Power

VS_Power

Jan 24, 2017
    Got an email with a mysterious "NEW CRK RELEASE" message. See attached.

Looks like a Mnandi but it could just be an unrelated silhouette.

Anyone got any ideas?

Attached Files:

• CRK.png
      CRK.png
      File size:
      343.3 KB
      Views:
  2. RyanRaben

RyanRaben Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 10, 2014
    I'm thinking just a new inlay option, maybe a Blade HQ Carbon Fiber Exclusive Mnandi.

Tim had mentioned a while back though he was tinkering around with a slip joint idea.

A whole new model would be cool.

Mo2 likes this.
  3. bvo85

bvo85 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2017
    I'd love to see a plain jane titanium mnandi. Especially if it was $50 to $100 cheaper than the inlay models!

4. Josh K

Josh K Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Would they put a silhouette of a new knife up? That seems misguided unless it's an iteration on an existing model. A carbon fiber Mnandi seems like a good guess. I haven't seen other dealers announce something, this leads me to believe it's an exclusive. A new model wouldn't be exclusive and probably wouldn't be shown in a silhouette, so it's likely an existing knife. Since the silhouette is a Mnandi, probably a carbon fiber Mnandi.

4mer_FMF and RyanRaben like this.
  5. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    No interest in a carbon fiber mnandi so hopefully something else, but that seems like the best guess.

6. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    :)

bvo85 likes this.
  7. VolGrad

VolGrad Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I also vote CF Mnandi. I just sold my only Mnandi but would be interested in a CF version ..... at least to play with for a little while. ;)

Thin-Slice likes this.
  8. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
  9. bvo85

bvo85 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2017
    While I don't expect a totally new knife, I wouldn't be completely surprised by it. BladeHQ I believe is the official sole distributor of Emerson's new butterfly knives. However, given that Blade show was a few months ago, I'd be surprised that a new knife wasn't released at Blade.

10. fastone052

fastone052

Feb 3, 2015
    Tanto mnandi? I'm dreaming but that would be cool.

11. Thomason

Thomason

Nov 28, 2002
    Mnandi with carbon fiber, a black blade and a blood groove:thumbsup:
    ;)

blanco112 likes this.
  12. CPP

CPP Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2014
    A Mnandi with the old-style nail-nick I've heard so much about that allows you to open it easily with one hand.

bvo85 likes this.
  13. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    A large maybe?
    That german dealer has an exclusive, that was not mentioned before it approached, IIRC.

14. pjmaxm

pjmaxm

Nov 29, 2005
    Browsing around on Blade HQ's website and looks like it is a Carbon Fiber Mnandi. Says it is available to purchase starting on Saturday. They even have a video up of it.

I have never much connected with most of the wood inlays available for the Mnandi and am too cheap to pony up for mammoth so always wondered how a CF Mnandi would be, looks like I might have to get one.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Chris-Reeve-Mnandi-Gentleman-s--75516

[​IMG]

Nrthfce and bhyde like this.
  15. Josh K

Josh K Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Video here

red mag, TheFactor, rolexkid and 2 others like this.
  16. cda555

cda555 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Oh man... I want one. I have a box elder that has never quite grown on me. I love the knife, but the inlays aren't my favorite.

17. Thomason

Thomason

Nov 28, 2002
    A couple of weeks ago someone posted that the new Wilson Combat star pattern Inkosi were available. So I broke open my piggy bank and bought a Wilson small Inkosi. Now I learn that the carbon fiber Mnandi is about to be available. I would be open selling a body organ on the black market to finance a carbon fiber Mnandi but all my organs are old, worn out, and not worth much. Whats a knife knut to do? :)

18. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    These look amazing! I' not a huge Mnandi (at least in carrying) fan, but I'm seriously considering one of These! Great job CRK!!

BBQ BOY likes this.
  19. DavidABQ

DavidABQ

Jul 31, 2017
    Ohhhhhh, I like the carbon fiber inlay!

20. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Yup there's a Mnandi I'd buy