New H1 Catcherman Green

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Captron, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Captron

Captron

Nov 5, 2009
    Have a new Catcherman Green H1 on way. That makes number three-- two original and the new Green. :D:D:D

2. HaroldB

HaroldB

Dec 9, 2007
    Gotto have PICS ;)

3. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Q&D last night. The scrapes on my hands are from two days of cleaning up after Madame Irene. :(

[video=youtube;GymGBMpLohk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GymGBMpLohk[/video]

4. HaroldB

HaroldB

Dec 9, 2007
    Sorry to hear you were caught in Irene's path. What I was hoping for ( when you get the time) are pics of the original Catcherman next to the new Toxic Green USN model.

Stay safe :)

5. JD Spydo

JD Spydo

Nov 20, 2004
    Got my order in Monday morning>> I'm a Catcherman fan going back to the old AUS-8 models>> I just wish this would go over so well that they would consider bringing back the original fully Serrated, Spyderedge model. That Catcherman in full SE is a beast of a fillet/kitchen knife.

I use my original SE AUS-8 Catcherman at least twice a week. This should pave the way for it to return to the Salt Series hopefully.

6. legion681

legion681

Aug 4, 2010
    I wanna thank you for starting this thread. You see, I didn't know this Spydie came out and when I saw your post, I immediately ordered one (yesterday). Thanks!

7. Jenner 515

Jenner 515

Nov 27, 2002
    Got mine Tuesday. (Who knew UPS could ship 7 miles overnite...) It's big, but lightweight. Razorsharp as to be expected, and as noted previous enough flex to make it a prime food prep knife. Toxic Green makes for a not very discrete EDC, but this will probably become part of my fishing outdoors kit right away anyhow. I've read elsewhere that H1 Hardens with use, does this mean it will lose its Flex over time?

Thanks Spyderco for bringing it back, the Catcherman makes me happy...as do all my most recent Spydie acquisitions.

8. sherlockbonez

sherlockbonez

Apr 28, 2002
    OMG I didn't know they are making a new catchermen! The dimension all the same as the original? Hope they didn't add some steel liner or other crap into them.

9. Captron

Captron

Nov 5, 2009
    Hey JD Spydo, Both of my other Catchermans are AUS-8. Got them from a friend of mine who owns a tackle and gun shop. When I got the first one I did not know he had another. When he showed it to me I said I need it. Will check to see if he has any more. He no longer stocks Spyderco or Sog. Just one or two other modles are in the case.

10. Slider817

Slider817

Mar 26, 2010
    Looks great, but it's very pricey on the Spyderco website, I hope they eventually make to some online retailers, and perhaps at lower prices

11. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
    Not going to happen. It is an exclusive through SFO.

12. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Are the black frn available?

13. JD Spydo

JD Spydo

Nov 20, 2004
    Hey Captron that would be great if he does certainly by all means let me know. PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address. I know that there are still a few laying around in places you wouldn't normally expect. That fully serrated AUS-8 Catcherman is truly the very best fillet knife I've ever owned. The combo edge isn't bad either and I love it as well.

As I've said in a couple of other threads I just hope that this great turnout for this collector edition Catcherman will spur them on to bring it back in the H-1 Salt Series. Let me know if he's got another one or 2. Thanks for the heads-up brother.

14. JD Spydo

JD Spydo

Nov 20, 2004
    Hey "rpn" unfortunately the only black FRN Catchermans available are the older discontinued AUS-8 and MBS-26 models. And it seems like the AUS-8 ones are a little easier to find. Now like I told the other Brother there still are some laying around in sporting good stores and other places that would indeed surprise you.

They also previously made a yellow handled one in the older AUS-8 blade steel. But those went back to the early and mid 90s and are getting really tough to find and when they do show up on Ebay they generally get a hefty price. I hope that they bring back the Catcherman in H-1 in all 3 edge variants. A SALT Catcherman would be splendid and would go great with all the other outdoor blades in the Salt Series.

15. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    On the contrary, once these sell out, prices will probably go, and stay, higher.