New Knife being released on Webstore today

Has anybody else catch the Tim's Instagram "story"? Apparently CRK is going to be selling a new knife made by another company on their webstore later today. It is a "pure lockback" made by Nilte out of Italy called the Raggio. I just wanted to know what you all think of this?

I myself have always wished CRK would make a lockback themselves.

Here are the specs:

Specifications

Blade

Sandvik 14C28N

Blade hardness

HRC 58

Blade coating / finish

Stonewashed

Locking mechanism

Pure BackLock

Handle

Ixef

Designer

Massimo Fantoni

Weight:

2.046 oz

Overall length:

6.89″

Blade length:

2.87″

Length folded:

4.02″

Blade thickness:

0.12″

Country of origin:

Italy

Other features

Last edited:
Has anybody else catch the Tim's Instagram "story"? Apparently CRK is going to be selling a new knife made by another company on their webstore later today. It is a "pure lockback" made by Nilte out of Italy called the Raggio. I just wanted to know what you all think of this?

I myself have always wished CRK would make a lockback themselves.

Here are the specs:

Specifications

Blade

Sandvik 14C28N

Blade hardness

HRC 58

Blade coating / finish

Stonewashed

Locking mechanism

Pure BackLock

Handle

Ixef

Designer

Massimo Fantoni

Weight:

2.046 oz

Overall length:

6.89″

Blade length:

2.87″

Length folded:

4.02″

Blade thickness:

0.12″

Country of origin:

Italy

Other features

Just watched the update, have to say I'm not a fan of the design or the fact it's not even made by them. However more power to those that do.

Kind of an odd move for CRK to be selling a knife made by another company in another country with mid-range steel and injection moulded scales.

I'm not a fan.

I agree. I think it is an odd move for those exact reasons.

Not very interesting knife and from Tim's explanation I think it's like a small insingo inkosi but worse in every possible way.

IMO this seems messed up. It's like a BMW dealer agreeing to put some Fiats on their lot. I wouldn't think there would be much market for that from the BMW (CRK) customers...

However, only reason I can think of is if they want a cheaper knife on their site to drive web traffic from new customers, and hope they start nosing around at the other stuff/knives and eventually end up buying a CRK. If that is the case it probably makes sense for CRK to sell another company's cheaper knife than to try to make a new cheap knife themselves (and deminish their quality reputation in doing so).

The Nite Rag. :D

You have to admit that's a pretty aggressive insingo if one is even going to make that comparison. Is that spoon at the end sharpened? Is this for first responders? Just a few of my questions. :confused:

I'm more confused about what makes it perfect for "mountain climbers". I don't often summit Everest or K-2, but when I do, I prefer a one-handed opening.
lol.

My assumption is the rounded-off-sheepsfoot for preventing any accidental stabs during carry and use on the extreme terrain. But I dunno.

Well, in all honesty, I don't really get this. I understand CRK offering CRK-related products by other companies on their web store (IE, selling GFellar and Spec Ops sheaths, umnumzaan tools, Wiha hex tools, t-shirts etc, maybe even Sharpmakers), but I don't really get selling other brands of knives that can be purchased at other web stores that are not brand specific. Sorta seems like a weird match.

Anyways......I support CRK trying new things, and Tim's regular social media interaction is certainly a different approach than Chris Sr.'s notable aloofness. Time will tell if this period of experimentation results in something good or bad. I am thankful there is a CRK webstore, but don't really want to go there to buy a PM2 or anything.

Here is the knife in question for those not on Instagram:
http://www.nilte.com/en/sport-utility-tool/nilte-raggio.html

Last edited:
Back