New OKC hunter

Hey guys just received my new OKC hunter I'll just say I'm glad it was only 30.00 shipped the sheath is cheap and thin doesn't fit knife well and a sad attempt at a 90 deg spine the knife will end up being a kitchen knife with a cover to keep it sharp in the drawer
Msjfx9l

Hey guys just received my new OKC hunter I'll just say I'm glad it was only 30.00 shipped the sheath is cheap and thin doesn't fit knife well and a sad attempt at a 90 deg spine the knife will end up being a kitchen knife with a cover to keep it sharp in the drawer
Msjfx9l
Msjfx9l

You are really unhappy you could always contact customer service and see what your options are. Maybe send it back (at your expense) and pay a restocking fee? A phone call or a few emails might be worth it.

Maybe send the pic and ask if that is the correct sheath too.

I really wasn't expecting much like I said I'm glad it was only 30 bucks just sharing my 2 cents it's already in my kitchen drawer where I'm sure it will excel ! THANKS for all the replies

Hey, it has a swedge. Otherwise, it looks like a shorter version of the Old Hickory butcher knives, and not a whole lot different from the 5” Green River fish knife, which makes a very nice companion knife. The slightly longer 7” Old Hickory can be a pretty decent camp knife as well. There are Ka-Bar sheaths which fit those two, which brings the price of the rig up near the $30 mark.

Thanks for showing the pic. Now my curiosity is satisfied, and I don’t have to be in any hurry to fill out my array of Old Hickory butcher knives. My favorite of those, BTW, is the 14” butcher knife/machete, which I call the Ellstin Limehouse Replica. Look for something very much like it somewhere around Season 5 of “Justified”.

666BC025-3E89-4871-969B-F7F210CC7DCA.jpeg

I've got a couple of Old Hickory's, a 10'' Butcher and 7" something or another (doesn't matter what you call them they're all variations on the same theme). They are what they are and you can't fault them; they're good knives for what you pay. I think $30 is too much and you probably paid more for the sheath than the knife. They're best bought without a sheath 'cause due to their standard size and shape there are plenty of sheathes out there that will fit them.

You might just find you'll enjoy using it.

Does anyone have a comparison of the Green River knives and the Old Hickory? I like the look of this knife, but the fish knife looks good too.

Back