New Post in "The Way I See It"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100% with the Rabbi, Radical Islam is the enemy of this country and the world and should not be tolerated, encouraged, or ignored. Thank you Mr. Emerson for posting the sermon!

Sean L.

Radicals in any religion can be dangerous...

Depends on if they represent the Truth or not. I personally am radical for Jesus and will never deny that. There is a war waging and it's the war between right and wrong, truth and lies. Take a side.

Depends on if they represent the Truth or not. I personally am radical for Jesus and will never deny that. There is a war waging and it's the war between right and wrong, truth and lies. Take a side.

who is to say you are the right one?

radicals in any religion/political party are all bad. They have no tolerance of others and often have an attitude that they are better than others, they are right and everyone who disagrees with them are wrong.

who is to say you are the right one?

I guess we'll find out eventually. :D I don't want to get to far off topic so if you're confident in your assessment of the reason we're all here, let's just leave it at that and I'll stay strong in my assessment.

Last edited:
I guess we'll find out eventually. :D I don't want to get to far off topic so if you're confident in your assessment of the reason we're all here, let's just leave it at that and I'll stay strong in my assessment.

i'm not too worried. i would rather be tolerant of all religions than think mine is the only right one.

i'm not too worried. i would rather be tolerant of all religions than think mine is the only right one.

So they're all right. :D Except Jesus said "No one comes to the Father except through me" So I guess you're tolerant of all religions except Christianity. Tolerating all religions must feel great but it's really not possible. Sorry.

I just love the tolerate all religions philosophy. I even bought into it at one time. Problem is, Islam doesn't tolerate Judaism, or Christianity. How do you deal with that issue?
BTW, I won't tolerate Islam, Buddism, atheism, etc. but I have nothing but love for people who buy into those philosophies. I only hope and pray that one day they seek and find the one true God.

Last edited:
So they're all right. :D Except Jesus said "No one comes to the Father except through me"

well yes, I do believe they can all be right. Buddhist philosophy says that all "religions" have the same ultimate goal. That is a spiritual awakening.

The Bible says Jesus said that. How do we know the bible is an accurate account of the man? Unfortunately its a circular argument...the bible says to believe so you believe, you believe because the bible says to. I personally don't buy into that.

So I guess you're tolerant of all religions except Christianity. Tolerating all religions must feel great but it's really not possible. Sorry.

Yes it is.

I just love the tolerate all religions philosophy. I even bought into it at one time. Problem is, Islam doesn't tolerate Judaism, or Christianity. How do you deal with that issue?[\quote]

its not the religion itself, it is the radicals professing themselves to be the true spiritual ones and others to be false. At the core all (most) religions have a message of love and compassion.

BTW, I won't tolerate Islam, Buddism, atheism, etc. but I have nothing but love for people who buy into those philosophies. I only hope and pray that one day they seek and find the one true God.

and I pray one day people will stop feeling the need to pray I will convert to their way of thinking and accept that I have found my own way.

its not the religion itself, it is the radicals professing themselves to be the true spiritual ones and others to be false. At the core all (most) religions have a message of love and compassion.

Two things and I'm done. It's not just radicals, in the case of Islam, it is the religion itself. Islam is not about love and compassion. Secondly, you can be spiritual about anything, but that doesn't make it true.
I can honestly believe my car is a truck but that doesn't make it so.

Two things and I'm done. It's not just radicals, in the case of Islam, it is the religion itself. Islam is not about love and compassion. Secondly, you can be spiritual about anything, but that doesn't make it true.
I can honestly believe my car is a truck but that doesn't make it so.

you are correct. Just because you believe Jesus to be the son of god does not make him the son of god.

Have you ever read the Quran? Until you do you can not tell me that Islam is not about love and compassion. And dont bother taking clips and posting them, cuz I could do the same with the bible.

You, and apparently Mr Emerson, want to be close minded about Islam so I feel there is nothing more to be said except that I pray your eyes are opened one day and your blind hatred is gone.

Have you ever read the Quran? Until you do you can not tell me that Islam is not about love and compassion.

I certainly have, and I have lived among Muslims, including throughout the Middle East, too, in a number of different countries.

The Qur'an is not about love and compassion, and neither is Islam.

Islam is about all things, bar nothing, being subject to the god of Islam. Period. That's the very essence of Islam, and the purpose of Islam is to subject all things to that god.

If you don't know that, you don't know Islam. It has NOTHING to do with love and compassion.

Wow. Powerful sermon fron the Rabbi. Great read and I was moved by what he wrote.
Jeff

if thats the case then neither does the bible

Clearly then, you know neither the Qu'ran, nor the Bible. Are you aware that Islam views the prophets of the Bible as true prophets?

The bible is a record. The Qu'ran is also a record. The test of the Bible as authentic is found in James, where the reader is admonished to ask God if the book is true. The reader is told that the answer is between the reader, and God. The reader is told that God "giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth nothing." Further, the reader is frequently admonished to love, and Christ cites the Mosaic law when he advises that the two great laws are to love God, and to love one's neighbor as one's self.

Specifically, James 1:5 provides: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."

Notice that the scripture does NOT say that if one asks improperly, or is unable to hear a reply, that one is subject to the death penalty.

The test of veracity for the Qu'ran is somewhat different. The Qu'ran challenges the reader to attempt to write something as the Qu'ran, observing that because the Qu'ran is inspired of Allah, man cannot do so. The sura warns the reader that if the reader cannot fulfill this task, then the penalty prescribed is death by stoning (a "fire who's fuel is men and stones").

Specifically the second sura, Al-Baqarah, in translation as best may be said, reads: "And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your helpers besides God if you are truthful. But if you do (it) not — and you can never do (it) — then be on your guard against the fire whose fuel is men and stones; it is prepared for the disbelievers."

Note the last, which tells specifically of the Sharia penalty for disbelief: death. This applies to all who are not believers. This is not the vision of peace, but of extermination. The test of Islam, of the Qu'ran itself, is a test which the Qu'ran says is impossible; the book itself challenges the reader to a fate of certain death, or to accept what is written without proving the work. This is nothing whatsoever like the Bible.

That is, or course, irrelevant to the fact that radical Islam is no bastion of peace. This is not in dispute, nor could it possibly be, as radical Islam makes no bones about it's agenda, it's Jihad, and it's intended method of prosecuting both. Radical Islam is about the destruction of peace...hence, terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back