New Tanto

That's pretty darn slick. I'll have to look that one up now that I know it's not double-edge. Thanks for the pics

I really like that, I would not buy the square tipped tanto but this one looks great.

i see the absolute joy in having such awesomeness :) ...
DAF62-E3-A-2-F61-4202-918-D-B27-B17-B40615.jpg

Looks like a great design. Love those grinds. Thanks for the pics!

Cool design, the swedge is a little long for my taste but not a deal breaker. The best part is that they put the blade in line with the handle. If only they would do that with the 1217. I don’t care if that’s different from the original spec, it’s just plain better. Kabar won’t do it, it’s come up in the past and that was the answer, but they should. Mini rant there, please ignore.

it's easy enough to modify the tip on a 1217 to drop the clip and fix that, if that's what you want -- once you buy it, it's yours to change as you please.

Not the tip, the blade itself. If you look where the blade meets the handle on the 1217 they don’t line up, the blade is shifted lower. No changing that. Compare that to the 1266. Don’t want to make a big deal of it, just something that has irked me for a while.

ah - yeah, the original was based on a hunting knife and that allowed for knuckle clearance.

ah - yeah, the original was based on a hunting knife and that allowed for knuckle clearance.
The Original USMC MK II F/U was based off of the Wade And Butcher Boone which was based off of the Marbles Ideal hunter. My 2 examples are from around the 1920's. The spine is lower then the handle on both. I think it's the same on my Marbles Expert, Ka-Bar version of the Expert, Western Shark knives from WWII and later. Wasn't for knuckle clearance, that's for sure!

A thing I really like about the newer knives is the higher grind. They cut much better then the lower grind models did. I had one with the lower grind years ago. Now I have one with the higher grind and much prefer it. Plus it's not serrated like my old one. ;)

Last edited:
Got mine today absolutely love it. My favorite Beckers are the 5 and 15 this knife is like if they had a baby. Stacked leather handle and the knife would be perfect.

Back