1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Zombie Skin 3-15-16

Discussion in 'Buy Brown Custom Creations' started by David Brown, Mar 16, 2016.

1. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Hi Everybody,

Just thought I would share this.
    My Brother (friend just is not accurate) that lives in OH had a special request.
    And to say it stretched me is a little light :)
    The Mojo is a recurve and they honestly do best in one of my Exposed Spine© sheaths
    But the Zombie Skin sheaths work best with a pancake fully eyelet-ed sheath.
    Well I figured lets stitch it around the opening.
    Sounds easy ;)

Had to drill little tiny holes in the kydex
    then when the skin dried had to drill little holes in it
    then stitch.

well when that was done, I could not have nice shiny black eyelets
    so I brushed the eyelets down to brass but shiny brass would not work so I antiqued them and made them look weathered or a 100 years old.

Cool so my Exposed Spine © sheaths work with a rubber Strap that I hand make, but how weird would that look ? A new black rubber strap on my old beat up zombie skin sheath.
    Not good

So I made a leather strap then beat it, burned it, and made it old, even antiqued the pull the dot snap.

Hope he likes it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. badglide9705

badglide9705 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Thats the most awesome kydex sheath I`ve ever seen!!! What exactly is Zombie skin?

3. AmericanAsApple3.14

AmericanAsApple3.14 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2014
    I just happened to see this here this morning, David that's great work. Excellent example of your abilities!

4. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Very nice David--so, is that a one time special order, or can other denizens of the post-apocalyptic wasteland with MOFOs to tote purchase such a sheath from you? And just how many zombie ears might that set a man back?

You are a wizard with kydex... No doubt.

5. itadakimasu

itadakimasu

Oct 31, 2013
    Wow, that looks well done. I imagine quite an amount of time went into this project.

6. Pokerchip

Pokerchip Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Looks like it was fabricated from the material of an old Jason mask! Well done.