• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* Nitro V Gyuto with Tasmanian Blackwood

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
I've got a laser profile Gyuto up for sale today. The Nitro V steel is a compound grind consisting of full flat to edge thickness of 0.015" then convex top and bottom to near zero edge thickness. It was hand sanded to an 800 grit satin finish. The handle is absolutely beautiful stabilized curly Tasmanian Blackwood with black linen micarta bolsters and black and white G10 liners, pinstripe and spacer. The pins are mosaic. It balances just in front of the bolster.
SPECS:
OAL:
355mm (14")
BLADE: 230mm (9") long, 45mm (1.75" heel height), compound grind (full flat with convex top and bottom) Hand sanded to 800 grit
STEEL: 0.09" Nitro V heat treated by Peter's to RC62
HANDLE: Stabilized curly Tasmanian Blackwood, black linen micarta bolsters. Black and white G10 liners, pinstripes and spacers. Mosaic pins.
$375 *SOLD* Shipped CONUS, International buyers welcome shipping extra.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then email or DM me for arrangements.
Paypal, checks, money orders accepted.
Comments/questions/critiques welcome
Thanks!

fullsizeoutput_7da by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7db by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7dc by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7de by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7df by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7e0 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7e1 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7e2 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7e3 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7e4 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_7e5 by Robert Erickson, on Flickr

Last edited:
How is this not sold yet? I've always admired and and been inspired by your work, Robert. Hopefully somebody will pick this beauty up soon!

Back