Nkonka questions

All,

I'm interested in trying to find a 2nd hand Nkonka. However, I actually don't know much about the knife, in particular:
- What are the difference between the tanto and upswept blade shape (apart from the blade shape... :) )
- What is the current value of a NIB Nkonka (+/- $50 say)?
- What was the MSRP?
- How many (roughly) were sold?

Thanks,

JD

No one really knows how many they made except for the 3V steel version (200 pieces) cuz they are numbered. The blade shape is either Saber (upswept one) or spear-point, the steel used is A2, other than the shape of the blade they're both the same.

I'm not sure what the MSRP was because the dealers were selling the below the MSRP. Back before they were discontinued they sold for between $360.00--$400.00 for the A2 version and around $500.00 for the numbered 3V version. What are they worth? I guess what your willing to pay. I've seen them sell for as much as $800.00 plus but that was the numbered 3V version. If your looking to collect try to find the numbered 3V version, just wait for it they pop up every now and then.

Here are some pictures.

P1160688.jpg

P1160654.jpg

P1160656.jpg

All,

I'm interested in trying to find a 2nd hand Nkonka. However, I actually don't know much about the knife, in particular:
- What are the difference between the tanto and upswept blade shape (apart from the blade shape... :) )
- What is the current value of a NIB Nkonka (+/- $50 say)?
- What was the MSRP?
- How many (roughly) were sold?

Thanks,

JD

Last edited:
Thanks. Cool pics! How heavy is it with all the bits in the handle, and can you remove the screwdriver kit from the handle?

What are the little balls used to make the hand guard used for? Anything or are they just cool looking?

Back