1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

No more wave mods from me

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by Charlie Mike, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Not even for personal use on knives that I will never sell (even at a dramatic loss). I'm saying that if I want a waved folder, I'll buy an Emerson, ZT, Spyderco, Fox, etc... but I won't cut a hook into a knife that doesn't have one.

Please send the Cease And Desist letter to:

Matt Freeman
    9286 N. Archie Ave.
    Fresno, CA 93720

2. Chris Larrikin

Chris Larrikin

Jul 19, 2012
    Have I missed something? I know Emerson said they'd prefer you not to wave mod aaaages ago and they've just got the trademark...but what's this thread about? I'm confused.

3. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    I think he is legally obligated to defend his trademark so this is required.

4. dr_fosg8

dr_fosg8

Mar 17, 2013
    Did you get a lot of flak over the Brous? Seems a bit overdramatic in breaking the blade and all...

5. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    Yeah... it was necessary to bust it though... to prove my point.

6. dr_fosg8

dr_fosg8

Mar 17, 2013
    Oh. Didn't know you were proving a point. Well done. I think, what was it?

7. yoko

yoko

Sep 4, 2011
    Good for you at least your respecting a guys idea that he trademarked

8. robgmn

robgmn

Oct 30, 2015
    Bladecatcher added at request of military design contract is discovered to have a bonus effect and becomes a patented design/feature.
    Now THAT is slick.

Kind of like a local fellow who realized that the military used synthetic oil in jets and thought it must be good for cars.
    Genius.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  9. robgmn

robgmn

Oct 30, 2015
    whoops

10. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    I think it was pointlessness. :D

11. Turbo Tension

Turbo Tension

May 6, 2010
    Isn't the other thread enough?

12. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    Evidently not... from what I've been hearing about on another forum.

13. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    You could have just called the store and spoken with someone...

14. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    I wanted "witnesses".

15. DB731

DB731

Feb 10, 2013
    If I ever wanted a wave, I would have seen YOU and not those other manufacturers, since I know yours would have been done right every time and of superior quality being custom made in the USA. However, if that's not an option for legal reasons, I will improvise one myself, via nylon cable tie or a section of a sturdy fishing hook JB Welded to the blade. Oh, and if I ever go do any wave surfing in California or Hawaii, I will look both ways for any lawyers. ;)

16. symphonyincminor

symphonyincminor Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Just print out the post from Mr. Emerson where you got owned and "frame it in your bathroom," as you put it. :D

Don't steal other people's hard work.

17. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    You know... that's a damn fine idea. I'm gonna do just that!

18. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Is it against your agreement to teach someone to wave Matt? Teach me, I don't have an agreement with Ernie. :rolleyes:, You might wanna rewrite the cease and desist order there. ;)

19. EmersonREP

EmersonREP Moderator Moderator

May 11, 2014
    ^Really?

20. Charlie Mike

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm not teaching anyone how to do what any idiot with a Dremel can do.