O.K., Who makes the CS Tanto line

I just read the post about Cold Steel rumors. I just got the mini Tanto. I really like it, but is it a good knife or a pce of junk made by some off the wall company? I hate to think I spent my hard earned money on a lemon.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by USAFSP:
I just read the post about Cold Steel rumors. I just got the mini Tanto. I really like it, but is it a good knife or a pce of junk made by some off the wall company? I hate to think I spent my hard earned money on a lemon.</font>

Never Junk!, Lin may be have an ego 10 times as large as he can handle, but he is a tiger where quality is concerned. The question is not who has made them, Lyn is real hard to put up with for any amount of time, but who has not. Buck did, Western was about to when they went under, Ontario did, I suspect that Camillus may have or may be, the Japanese have and with all the stuff he is bringing out of red china that would be my next guess. A. G.

Thanx for the insight. Looking over this knife, I can tell that there is real quality in it. I am currently carrying it in my right inside jacket pocket while on duty. I am hoping I will be able to put it to some real utility use soon. I looks like it'll stand up to hard use. I am slowly making the switch from carrying a folder for daily chores and duty, to a fixed blade. I think this knife is almost perfect for every day carry.

I don't know why you care who makes it as long as the knives please you and work well. If they don't work well then raise hell and let every body know. A. G.

The tantos made from AUS-8 or San Mai steel are made in Japan in Seki City, a very famous center of quality knifemaking there. Probably the same manufacturer that produces the made-in-Japan Spyderco, SOG, etc. knife lines. The Recon Tanto in Carbon V with black coating is, like all CS Carbon V knives, I believe, actually manufactured by Camillus.
Jim

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by James Y:
"... like all CS Carbon V knives, I believe, actually manufactured by Camillus.
</font>

I knew there was reason I liked my SRK so much!

Back