1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Ok so I'm officially pissed off!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by gdeno, Apr 4, 2012.

1. gdeno

gdeno

Apr 6, 2010
    So, I go out to my car this morning to leave for work and I find my glove box open and my work bag open. I then realize I forgot to lock my car door the previous evening and somebody went through my car. Luckily it looks like they only got two things; my cheap electric razor I use to shave on the way to work and... my [email protected] BK2! It was my favorite knife. The knife itself will not be difficult to replace but it had sentimental value as it was my first real knife purchase, I put an awesome convex edge on it, and most importantly it was in a Hedgehog Leatherworks sheath given to me personally by the owner of the company, Paul Scheiter. What makes it embarrassing is I'm a cop and I should know better than to leave my car unlocked. Man, I'm really pissed! Seems I'm getting more and pissed as the day goes on. Sorry for the rant but I felt this was an appropriate place to vent. [email protected]!!!

2. UCPOPO

UCPOPO Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Man, that sucks brother.

3. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    Watch ebay. Gut feeling. Then get your Taser ready...

4. CamH_16

CamH_16

Feb 5, 2012
    Damn, I'm sorry to hear that man. I hope something crazy happens and you get it back...Wonder what that guy will do with your BK-2?

5. MJF

MJF

Jan 10, 2009
    Get CSI out there and dust for fingerprints. Tase the s*** out of whoever stole it. Pepperspray works too.

6. vittorioe89

vittorioe89

Sep 26, 2011
    That sheath is a heavy blow. I can't blame you for being pissed.

7. RogueBowie

RogueBowie

Nov 16, 2011
    Sorry to hear it. The A-Hole is probably going to slice his hands wide open on your convex edge anyways, the dumba**.

Maybe you should put a sign on your car that says 'My other car has red and blue lights on top of it, so move along'.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  8. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    If someone ever got into my trunk I'd probably hang myself....

9. crazyengineer

crazyengineer

Apr 2, 2011
    i like this ^^^^

man, that sucks. I know how it feels to have things stolen like that....I had a good canon 35mm film camera (that I needed for a college photo class...CRAP) and a nice seiko watch stolen when I left mine unlocked...I dont even know when it happened. Taught me to keep my truck clean so that I know when something is missing.

What kind of car/remote do you have (if you use a remote)? I know that criminals can now "catch" the signal and repeat it and open you doors, though you probably already knew that being a cop. But I still got to say it. That is why I put an aftermarket security and remote system on my truck.

10. Haze240

Haze240

Jan 1, 2011
    Had the same thing happened when I first got my current car. It forgot to lock it properly (hit wrong button, only locked one door) came out to it the next morning, and my GPS, sunglasses and a couple of small hand tools from my center console were gone. Frustrating as hell, just told myself "atleast they didn't wreck the car or break a window to get it". Shit happens, knives can be replaced.

11. Kathie

Kathie

Apr 3, 2012
    I feel your pain !! Leave your car unlocked for a couple of nights ( with nothing of value in it ) Thieves always come back.Only this time leave something in your glove compartment the thief won't like...Use your imagination,worked for me.Never had a problem again even when I forgot a couple of times to lock.

12. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    O no. Hedgehog sheaths are expensive! What an a hole.

13. vittorioe89

vittorioe89

Sep 26, 2011
    ^^ This for sure. Doubt he'll hang on to it when he finds out what that setup's worth.

14. CCMI

CCMI

Aug 4, 2010
    Ouch, sorry to hear about that. The dumbest part about it is they're just going to sell it for a fraction of what it'll cost you to replace.

I'm known to be 'paranoid' about locking my house, car, etc... Picked that up from my dad and I'm glad I did. Sucks that one of the probably few times you forget you get burned.

Thieves piss me off too.

15. oXide

oXide

Feb 16, 2012
    I think we all would be pissed to. Scratch that, I guarantee we all would be pissed, but look on the bright side, you only lost a couple hundred dollars, had they had to wreck your car to get in, it would be more like a couple thousand.

16. Murphnuge

Murphnuge Moderator Moderator

Feb 27, 2010
    Happened to me pretty recently. It sucks. They took my whole bag, a lot of sentimenystuff I had in the Corps and some pocket knives. They also got my Oakleys, BK14 , Glockrazz kydex sheath and a Godspeed! sheath. I've been slowly replacing everything and keeping an eye out for my stuff. It's a small town, I will get my kit back. Good luck man!

17. gdeno

gdeno

Apr 6, 2010
    Made a police report and apparently there were several break-ins in the area last night. They were able to pull some prints off other vehicles. Also stolen from another persons car was a .45 handgun which are pretty easy to track if he tries to sell it anywhere, so I'm being optimistic. We'll see. Thanks for all the comments.

18. C_Tanner

C_Tanner

Feb 21, 2011
    I know it had sentimental value as a gift from the maker, but but Skystorm and Nick can make sheaths that look just like hedgehog stuff and not nearly as pricey.

19. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    Losing it would be bad enough, having it taken is a miserable feeling. Hopefully it all works out man.

20. MrKnifekid

MrKnifekid

Aug 1, 2011
    I'm actually a cop also.

that sucks dude. I mean really.

Don't get your taser ready, i hate those things. I would not carry one if they made me. (which they don't. :D)