Old Wenger chef knife

I inherited this from my grandma and the story is they bought it in 1950 when they came to America. Online information is really limited. Anyone know anything?
Resized-20201224-111148.jpg

Resized-20201224-111201.jpg

Don’t have any info but, it’s really cool that you get to use a knife that belonged to your grandparents.

Wenger is a branch of Victorinox. Note the crossbow symbol. Agree it is nice to have a piece from your grandparents.

60+ years old? Doesn't look it.

Last edited:
Thanks! She actually used steel wool to clean all her knives, but never this one. I think it meant a lot to her because my grandpa died back in 1964 so I'm guessing it reminded her of him. I plan on passing it down too.

Thanks! She actually used steel wool to clean all her knives, but never this one. I think it meant a lot to her because my grandpa died back in 1964 so I'm guessing it reminded her of him. I plan on passing it down too.
I have a kitchen steel that was passed down. It is one of my cherished items.

It is really neat you have your grandpa's knife. And I kind of know as I have my mom's old Henckels 4-star knives which are around 50 years old. I would never part with them. I use them every day and they are still in good shape.

Back