one knife forever

So I'm sure you have heard this question before. But I'm at a crossroads. The ultimate emerson knife I'm going to buy one I just don't know which. mini commander or mini cqc7 serrated or not????? why would you pick which ease of sharpening,hunting,camping,fishing,tactical,general use,self defense etc. Why do you carrie the emerson you do. Thanks your opinion will make the difference on what I carry in combat and garrison thanks alot

You need a CQC-12 :thumbup:

I carry that knife more than any other EKI and its just eaten up everything iv thrown at it.

The "minis" are good knives but you really want something with a bit more heft if your looking for a "be all end all" knife.
Id also not bother with serations unless your really going to need them. I find they are pretty much useles for the most part.

Me I have the Mini Commander in plain satin blade and i love it and also I have the CQC 8 because of the blade shape and its the black plain edge and it chews through anything and the nice sweeping edge makes it easy to sharpen just put it on the 25 degree angle on the crock sticks and 3 swipes its done.

I have the Mini 7 and I love it. One thing that I have noticed is that unless you have a specific need for a SE on a daily basis you might be better off with the PE IMHO. Also as has been mentioned ease of sharpening is much easier with the PE.
DSC03130.jpg

I go with plain edges for most of the time unless the knife is on sale and its a good one then i can look past if but if i have the choice its going to be plain.

the very best production EKI is the '12. if i was gonna have just one production EKI for edc the choice would be very simple, the '12.

because of the blade shape/grind its pretty good for utility & like all EKI's is also good for SD, its also a frame lock which will withsdtand abuse a lot better than a liner lock, and the frame lock will hold up to waving a lot better too.

i carry a specwar custom CQC13 usually, but if i'm not carrying the custom '13 i am carrying my production '12.

of the 2 ya mention i prefer the mini commander but the mini '7 is also good.

The blade shape of the 8 is awesome, so the Horseman might be an idea since it is essentially a mini-8.

I love my cqc10. I was thinking this same question today, yep it's the 10 for me.