1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Ontario Black Wind Katana, Rare 1095 Carbon steel sword

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades (Individual)' started by UCPOPO, Jun 28, 2014.

1. UCPOPO

UCPOPO Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2010
    For sale I have a used Ontario BlackWind Katana, model BWS-1. Made in the good ol' US of A. I know I'm probably going to regret selling this as they have not made these for nearly 20 years and are getting pretty tough to find. This is a battle ready sword that is very well made of 3/16" thick, 1095 carbon steel by Ontario Knife Company. The size and weight of this thing is perfect. This one has been used and is in good shape. Light finish wear and the steel is in excellent condition. Includes the nice fitting factory kydex sheath which is nicely setup for multiple lashing options. This handle is leather wrapped but these have 2 holes in the handle from the factory and would be a perfect candidate for G10 or micarta handles. $185 shipped in the USA, PayPal ('Friends' or add 4%) or a money order if need be. Please pm or email me with offers. Here are the specs:

SPECIFICATIONS

Blade Length: 20 inches
    Handle Length: 10 inches
    Thickness: 3/16"
    Weight w/o Sheath: Approx.1.9 pounds
    Sheath: Kydex with multiple attachment options
    Blade material: 1095 Carbon Steel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. UCPOPO

UCPOPO Gold Member Gold Member