Opinions on Ontario Gen 2 SP50

Hello all! I'm new to this site and to knives. I will give you a back story.

Few months ago I decided I wanted to get a leatherman. I was always an avid reader of reviews so I jumped online an read a bunch. I decided on the wave because it had the most amount of positives for the $ I wanted to spend. I found some YouTube channels (nutnfancy, cutlerylover to be specific) and got addicted to knives. I would say I still have a very modest collection but I'm happy with it. It is as follows:
Leatherman wave
Leatherman wingman
Buck vantage select small
Buck paradigm pro

I have some other crappy knives but they don't count IMO. Lol. My newest addition for my camping outings is the Ontario Sp 50. I'm loving it! But just out of curiosity, what are others opinions of it. Both good and bad. I like to hear them all. I would prefer to hear from owners of the knife but I like anyone's opinion. Lol. Thanks and have a nice day!

GREAT blades !!! I own the SP2, SP8, SP10, SP17, SP47, SP Kukri. AWESOME blades. Worth the money for sure. Made in America. The SP51 has my name on it as well. Soon.

I have batoned with all of them, with no issues. Handles are still nice & tight. They are a full tang, just not a full width or exposed tang, like on a Becker. The SP50 is a full flat grind that has a 1/4" thick spine. The SP51 is a sabre grind, like the Becker BK2.

100_0955.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome knives! I unleashed heck on a dead tree yesterday with it and it held up awesome!

I just received a new SP50 Gen2 a couple of weeks ago. I'm impressed. Excellent fit and finish, 5160 from what I have read is a very tough steel. I'm gonna add a couple more 5160 Gen2 blades as the budget permits.

Back