1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Congratulations winners! The Week 2 Giveaway has ended over on our YouTube Channel and here are the winners:
    BladeForums Logo Sticker: Impulse600
    BladeForums Velcro Patch: garythegoat
    BladeForums Logo Tshirt: crocgator106
    BladeForums paid subscription upgrade: billygoat78

Darrel Ralph Dominator 35: norcaldude Winners will be contacted by PM / email, so look for my message!

Opinions on the Gurka kukri

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Hermit_Knight, Jan 13, 2019 at 4:59 PM.

1. Hermit_Knight

Hermit_Knight

Mar 19, 2018
    Hello I have become interested in the cold steel gurka kukri in 0-1 steel. Has anyone got one and do you like it? Have you taken it out bush? It is fairly pricey where I am and I nearly just got the Kabar kurkri machete but maybe I should save for the cold steel.

2. dingy

dingy

Feb 19, 2008
    i have kabar1249 and coldsteel kukri both, and use them both.

they are great for woods processing game.

the 1249 has a better handle grip i think.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 3:09 AM
  3. Mike Sastre

Mike Sastre Custom Crafted Concealex Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 23, 1999
    I've used the Carbon V Gurkha Kukri and the San Mai III version. Both are excellent choppers.