Ordering Direct from CRK.

Hi, Do a lot of you order direct from CRK and wait the back ordered time or do you try to seek out what you are looking for from AD’s? I just placed an order with CRK for a small Sebenza 21 LH Insingo with micarta inlay. 6-9 month wait. Is that how long I should expect? Could it be shorter or longer? I’ve found a few in RH but I need it to be a lefty.

Troll the dealer sites for something like that. Someone will have it in stock, and many ship for free.

I would only order direct from CRK for something special and /or customized. If it is something the dealers are going to have I would get it from the dealers. They have even recommended this to me in the past.
If they said the wait time is 6-9 months it probably is.

I know of a CRK Authorized dealer with a drop point in stock. Not a Insingo but if interested, send me a PM and I'll send you a link.

There are more left handed CRK’s out there than in the past. I’ve ordered direct only because I would prefer double lugs on my CRK’s. I’ve found the left handed double lug CRK’s are harder to find in CCG’s and UG’s.

I just ordered one from a dealer online a few days ago. CRK said a 4 month wait and I found one already in stock somewhere with free shipping and it'll be here in a couple days. Only downside is it can't be customized but if you just want an off the shelf version anyways.

I just ordered one from a dealer online a few days ago. CRK said a 4 month wait and I found one already in stock somewhere with free shipping and it'll be here in a couple days. Only downside is it can't be customized but if you just want an off the shelf version anyways.

I don’t want any customization. Just a production model that they don’t make any of. I found one that was already sold on Knife Art so I requested to be notified if they get more in stock.

I think I can say this???If I can't, I apologize. I know you want a small but TNK has a large in stock.

Matt, you could get the exact knife that you want from a dealer by special order... and yes you will pay a non-refundable deposit... The bonus is that you support your local dealer and you get the knife in essentially the same amount of time and probably save a few bucks on the shpg cost...

Matt, a left handed insingo is probably a special order... all I am saying is this: IF you happen to have a local dealer give them some business... I doubt that there are any shady CRK dealers otherwise around they wouldn't be in business.... Unfortunately many of the smaller CRK dealers are getting out as they can't compete with the mega dealers who buy $10K worth of CRK's at a shot and then at times go against CRK policy sell them below suggested retail price on places like that big auction website.

My guess is that any CRK dealer who takes a special order for something like you want will require a non-refundable deposit probably around 50% of the retail price.

Matt, a left handed insingo is probably a special order... all I am saying is this: IF you happen to have a local dealer give them some business... I doubt that there are any shady CRK dealers otherwise around they wouldn't be in business.... Unfortunately many of the smaller CRK dealers are getting out as they can't compete with the mega dealers who buy $10K worth of CRK's at a shot and then at times go against CRK policy sell them below suggested retail price on places like that big auction website.

My guess is that any CRK dealer who takes a special order for something like you want will require a non-refundable deposit probably around 50% of the retail price.
Ok. I get what your saying. I don’t have any CRK dealers near me so I’ll just keep my order with CRK direct. Just got in a small Sebenza Insingo today with no scales so that will hopefully tie me over till the one with Micarta is ready.

So you did pick up a small plain jane, sweet, I like the plains as much as I do the inlays with micarta being my favorite inlay.
Just keep an eye out for the small micarta inlay, sometimes dealers get them first.

O
So you did pick up a small plain jane, sweet, I like the plains as much as I do the inlays with micarta being my favorite inlay.
Just keep an eye out for the small micarta inlay, sometimes dealers get them first.

Oh yeah I’m trolling the usual suspects looking for a Micarta small. I do like the plain Jane a lot though. It fits very well in the hand. I may pick up an Inkosi at some point as well

O

Oh yeah I’m trolling the usual suspects looking for a Micarta small. I do like the plain Jane a lot though. It fits very well in the hand. I may pick up an Inkosi at some point as well

A large or small ????
The small was a little too short for my likings, but I do have two larges with micarta inlays.

Back